A how-to guide to analytics for social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Quora, for more effective community management. Use of these free analytics will provide insights about the preference of our audience with regards to content, and help determine the factors that are influencing it.
• Facebook Page Analytics provide comprehensive insights:
• A page admin can find out and use the following:
– Break up of page fans’ demographics & location
– Break up of our reach in terms of demographics & location
– Our total reach, unique users & their frequency (Organic & Viral)*
– People talking about our page (on our page, or in their own posts)
– Page views, unique visitors, external referrers
*Organic: Posts seen by page fans Viral: When friends/followers of page subscriber see posts.
• Various tools available to provide account insights
• SocialBro, a chrome app on Chrome Web Store, is easy-to-use, useful tool
• Provides insights and statistics on:
– Time zones of our community
– What topics followers & friends are talking about
– Best time to tweet to reach maximum audience
• Tells us changes overtime in:
– Friends and followers
• Pinreach is a useful tool for Pinterest insights
• Sign in with company twitter account to find out:
– Popular pins and boards
– Number of followers, likes for each pin board
– Most popular pins
– Most influential followers
• Also identifies
– ‘trending’ pins
– users with highest reach
– Pins repinned by these, can get pins a very large audience
• A continually improving collection of questions and answers created, edited,
and organized by everyone who uses it.
• Your topic discussion page has the potential to become the best possible
resource for someone who wants to know about company/product/service.
• Delivers answers and content from people who have first-hand knowledge --
like real doctors, economists, technology experts, brand managers.
• Users have been on the rise. Dominated by technology influencers.
• By answering to questions accurately, create authority in community.
• No company accounts allowed. Recommended for senior management.
Organic: Posts by page seen by page fans
Viral: When someone interacts with your Page and that interaction is published in
their feed and ultimately their friends/followers seeing it.
Chart shows no. of people seeing page content 1, 2 or more times.
People Are Talking About
Talking about this: Total number of unique people who created a story of any
kind about your page or on your page.