Faruk Omar Syed
4721 Whitehall Ct McKinney, TX 75070
Cellular Phone (469)-487-6734, (731) 609-5326
• Over 10 years of leadership experience in manufacturing engineering management, marketing, procurement
and quality improvement management systems at a Fortune Global 100 company.
• Specializes in electronic, electrical, software/ hardware tools and fixtures in manufacturing company.
• Engineer with the technical expertise and commitment to accurately design, evaluate, and maintain
mechanical / electromechanical / electrical / electronic systems.
• Led quality initiatives to meet objectives for business growth, customer satisfaction, and continual quality
• Led Quality systems audit, Quality engineering, product development, manufacturing and supplier quality,
• Diversified background in Supply Chain Management, Lean Six Sigma, Quality Control/Assurance, Project
Management, Process Improvement, Production and Industrial Engineering. (Oil & Gas, Automotives,
locomotives, Elevators, Telecom, Healthcare etc.)
Amberton University Garland, School of Business, Garland, Texas 2015
Master of Business Administration in Project Management
• Key Assignments: Strategic Management, Management Processes & Information Systems, Management
Responsibilities & Practices, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Negotiation Skills for
Managers, Accounting & Finance for Managers, Performance Management.
University of Texas at Dallas, School of Engineering Richardson, Texas 2009
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
Collin County Community College - Plano, Texas 2004
Associate in Science in Engineering
Dhaka International University, School of Engineering and Science, Dhaka Bangladesh 1998
Bachelor of Science (equiv. to Engineering Degree)
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB)- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
• Certified Quality Engineer- ASQ Section 1416 & Manager of Quality- ASQ Section 1416
• Certified Lead Quality Auditor for ISO9001 , Quality Auditor for ISO13485
• Certified IEEE Medical Device Software Compliance under IEC62304
• Certified Medical gas and vacuum in the health care environment
• Certified IPC/WHMA-A-620B, IPC/J-STD-001E, IPC/WHMA-A-610
• Certified Agile – RMC Learning Solution
• Certified CMMI (v1.3) – the process Group
• Certified First Aid CPR AED Program
• Certified Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA) Facilitator Training – ThyssenKrupp March 2016
• Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Operating Systems: All Windows, MS Project, & Microsoft Office.
• Lean Quality Tools: FMEA, Pareto Charts, Fishbone Diagrams, 5S, 6S, 8D Methodology, Statistical
Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R and Static analysis, control plans, process GAP analysys.
Internal/external Audit, Poka-Yoke for Mistake Proofing, Kaizen.
• Hardware: Computer Peripherals, Network cards, Memory Cards, CISCO networking analyzer Equipment.
• Software: Java Script, Java,Mat lab, Lab View, Pspice, Assembly SPAM, Linux, Unix, Logic Work,
Verilog, .Net, C, C++, MIPS Programs, Visual Studio, FrontPage, Google web toolkit.
• Database: SAP, JIRA, Jenkins, Minitab, Oracle, Agile scrum, Access, P&L, SQL, Server, Visure, alfresco.
• Networking: Domain name system (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), File Transfer
Protocol (FTP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet
Protocol), wireless local area network (WLAN).
JAN 2016 –Present Thyssenkrupp Elevator Manufacturing www.thyssenkruppelevator.com Memphis TN
Quality Engineer III & IPC Standers Leader
• Manage and provide training to levels I & II Engineers and quality engineering technicians in the Quality
• Lead and Implement IPC standard throughout the organization, established and manage the IPC team.
• Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards
• Develop and analyze test procedures through handling and operating test equipment
• Working with Purchasing Department and Supplier Quality Engineer on qualifications of new suppliers and
solve supplier quality related issues and improvement quality of the product.
• Planning and conducting tests and experiments to improve products and processes.
• Provided statistical analysis on the performance of new and existing designs and processes.
• Performed root cause analysis on field and factory related failures
• Monitored failure trends on in-house and field failures, which involve working in plant and at field job sites.
• Working with plant engineering personnel to develop process control procedures
• Supported the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), advanced product quality planning (APQP) process
• Audit supplier products, manufacturing processes, and quality systems and recommend improvements
• Support external audits conducted by various certifying bodies ISO9001, QS9000, ETL (Edison Testing
Labs), UL (Underwriters Laboratories), FM (Factory Mutual) etc
• Successfully managed center-wide 6S & safety audit programs in manufacturing, test facilities & various
• Conducted Toll Gate reviews for DMAIC process to keep projects on-track throughout the process.
SEP 2012 – NOV 2015 Knorr-Bremse–New York Air Brake www.nyab.com Irving TX
Senior Product Quality Engineer
• Managed 12 production employees and 6 MRB team members to ensure quality inspections, QMS
compliance, reduce production error, reduce scrape/waste and defects are capture and recorded.
• Audited internal and external projects, and ensure project manager activities are compliance with ISO and
CMMI processes. Prepared and execute effective internal audits per CMMI, ISO9001:2008, ISO9100,
• Performed frequent internal audits with all engineering disciplines (software, systems, test, mechanical, etc.)
and present final reports to senior staff and department managers.
• Verified PM’s project plans, schedule, PM notebook, Statement Of Work (SOW), work breakdown structure
(WBS), deliverable, tollgates, project risk, team skills, project changes, measure complexity, sprint planning
and review, backlog review, Agile scrum sprint meeting during audit.
• Drive cross-functional teams to continually identify and implement facility improvements that focus on
enhanced EH&S performance, increased reliability, increased production, cost optimization, Key Performance
Indicators (KPI), process maps and waste minimization and yield improvement.
• Analyze warranty, Cost of poor quality (COPQ) Matrix to ensure acceptable products, services for customer.
• Monitored the effectiveness of corrective action, Improved CAPA performance, Root Cause & Gap Analysis,
tollgate review, Change Control Board.
• Support the manufacture and procurement for all automotives / locomotive electrical electronic components.
• Lead all supplier visit, Troubleshoot in process and supplier related quality issues and Coordinate with
customer and supplier. Make decisions regarding mechanical / electrical component supplier’s defect and
facilitate the solutions.
• Reviewed customer proposals and contracts for quality related contractual requirements for simulator and
Leader product, source inspectors, and suppliers.
• Standardized development of Test Plan, Test Procedures, and Test Reports to IEEE 829. Test engineering
efforts throughout the systems development life cycle (SDLC) for the product lines and multiple projects.
• Analysis complexity for train systems design, test plan and procedure, are performed. Increased test
engineering performance and efficiency by combining test execution reporting by utilizing the requirements /
test case management tools, System, acceptance, Unit, regression, integration, V&V testing.
• Products involve: locomotive train dynamic system (TDS). Automatic train control (ATC), communications
train control (CBTC), cab signaling, Automatic train stop (ATS), DB-60 Control Valve, EL-60 Empty & Load
Valve, air brake hose, Computer Controlled Brake
DEC 2010 – SEP 2012 Stryker Communications www.stryker.com Flower Mound, TX
• Stryker makes medic product globally, 76 + million revalue in 2011 a rapidly growing company.
• Performed engineering risk analyzed for safety-related customer complaint investigations.
• Provided engineering input to Regulatory Department for FDA reporting MDR decisions.
• Coordinated with field service technicians, technical support, sales representatives, customers, and suppliers
to gather information on product experiences. Ongoing support of critical quality issues and solves.
• Performed failure modes analysis (FMEAs) to detect potential failure of the device severity and failures.
• Vendor Management and work with Suppliers on documentation of Supplier Investigation for NCRs.
• Managed Warranty Return Rate Matrix for lights and extended horizontal arms products.
• Developed internal audit and responsible for execute effective internal audits per ISO9001, ISO13485,
ISO14971 and FDA compliance.
• Monitored RMA, NCR, MRB, NCMB; CAPA, ECO, ECR, EBR, SBR processes to meet compliance
• Products involve PSB, Boom, Router, SPI2, SPI3, Low Ceiling Light Head, Visum II Light Head, Spring Arm,
and Hydraulic Surgical Tables.
MAY 2009 – DEC 2010 Fujitsu Communications www.fujitsu.com Richardson, TX
Project Manager / Test Engineer
• Managed and coordinate 3G mictocell project related tasks, and provided external customer service.
• Managed a testing teams of 8 for 3G microcell satellite system, monitored their effort to limit margin erosion
on all projects. Review the SOW, requirement, specifications of project.
• Manage production line activities, and provided engineering support in hardware and software testing.
• Developed automated test cases, procedure, and analyzed technical requirements effort associate with the
3G microcell test systems.
• Generated various documents, schematic capture, diagnostics, flowcharts, and project status reports.
• Supported team in different test activities such as BAC SERVER, DEBUG, CNE, ETHERNET testing.
• Networking includes LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, HSI, IPTV, VoIP, Multicast, IGMP, DHCP, RADIUS, QoS, telnet, ftp,
TL1 etc. Cisco products: AT&T 3G Microcell and with GPON/FTTx product testing in labs.
JUN 2006 – MAY 2009 Sanmina-SCI www.sanima-sci.com Allen, TX
• Designed, developed, and maintained test strategies for new and existing products.
• Created and executed software/hardware test plans, test cases, and test reports to benchmark performance.
• Developed and ensure software/hardware functional and diagnostic test cases to verify functionality.
• Processed yield improvements, cost reduction and new product introduction.
• Performed engineering activities to support customer complaints, supplier quality and process improvements
using 6S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
• Prepared samples, set-up test equipment, perform functional tests, and execute validation activities.
• Analyzed internal failure for Motorola, Lucent Technology, Alcatel equipment, Card cage, Omni4, Hi-pot,
Battery stand, Agilent Technologies Equipments.
• Products involve: Digital mass flow Control System, Programmable PCB, Switching and routing System,
10GBase- processor, circuit board layout ,RF Simulation and Modeling, wireless test point. MUX, DMUX,
WSS network communication optical systems, and telecommunications PCB.
REFERENCES & CITIZENSHIP:
Available upon request,