6411 Fieldcrest Lane
Sachse, Texas 75048
Results-oriented technical marketing /sales and business development team player with experience and
proven track record in transitioning strategy into tangible financial results .Background in developing
major account and vertical market plans, supporting sales teams in a technical capacity . Excellent
understanding of the Physical Security market. Experience in:
Security Solutions Market Research & Analysis Project Management
Embedded Computing Quota Achievement International Business Dev.
Technical Paper Writing Sales Reporting Tools Telecommunications Infrastructure
Crane Co. Richardson, Texas 2009-
Business Development Manger-Channels
Created groups channel market strategy and signed resellers and integrators to address the critical
infrastructure and law enforcement markets. Achieved key design wins in both research and
wireless sensor sales.
• Closed deal with major DOE lab for test bed system that has potential to become 7M project for WMD
• Won several research contracts with DHS and others that will augment product revenue.
• Published several papers on physical security and presented poster sessions at key industry events.
• Created product collateral and coordinated trade show activity.
• Led companies efforts in creating earmark funding and briefing congressional staff.
General Electric, Irving, Texas 2003-2008
Product Segment Leader
Supported in technical capacity 25 field sales teams in gaining design wins for diverse line of embedded
computing hardware and software products... Technology included mix of video surveillance, biometrics
and access control oriented hardware . Products sold as systems and ala carte individual components.
• Established industry marketing plan attracting 400 new client’s to six events. Gave presentations at
ASIS 2008 in Atlanta on combining video surveillance with access control and embedded remote
technology. Identified active projects in Port Security, Pipeline & Refinery Protection for proposal
• Introduced and implemented sales plans to drive Third Party Software Developer's and achieved
revenue goals of 150% through closing 20 new design wins. Targets included Ports, Airports , and
• Generated leads and introductions by developing account plans for identified homeland security
markets. Passed 10-15 qualified leads per week to sales teams. Closed 600 K grant for security video
EXECUTIVE RESUME PAGE 2
• Drove market plan for “smart building “ “ intelligent building “ applications that revolved around
security ,video surveillance , voice or retina detection systems for the purpose of entry and security
Systems targeted various areas of access based on combinations of embedded computing, voice /
speech processing & recognition hardware Other areas included interactive television & facial
recognition. Drove sales toward systems integrators with ASP of $50 to $500 K. Developed
worldwide channels for this strategy.
• Wrote and delivered technical papers at industry trade shows and company events increasing our
visibility and brand exposure. Papers focused on reconfigurable systems to prototype sensor payloads.
Consulting Practice, San Diego, Ca.
Management Consultant Marketing & Sales
Built successful DOD and government agency consulting and contract sales practice around assignments
with Major Clients such as; Texas Instruments; Intel; Maxwell Technologies; Bosch Automation, Live
Devices; Eonic Systems; Espial Corporation. Focused on infrastructure protection after 9/11.
• Led sales effort for U.S. Postal Service Security Systems Program team winning $ 27 M materials
handling contract that included voice activated security systems along with fingerprint entry capability.
• Developed Security centric wireless and integrated data communications storage system and closed
$2M win for Shipboard Based Communication system to protect against portside intrusion.
• Set up telecommunications demonstration lab to enable the presentation of evolving technology to
customers and partners. Wrote winning grant requests to underwrite lab budget. Won homeland
security program with SAIC using a combination of biometrics , finger print analysis and
• Managed trade show activities for clients and developed marketing plans that increased booth traffic.
Intel Corporation, San Diego, Ca.
Director Government Sales 1997-2000
Managed marketing teams in U.S., Europe and Asia .Wrote business plan for Internet Security
efforts. Led video sales team in domestic U.S. focusing on infrastructure protection.
• Launched embedded computing Security channel’s plan in Europe, U.S, and Asia signing 12 groups.
• Wrote proposal for shipboard wireless upgrade program and won initial 7 M contract and 2 M follow-
• Leader of video phone market development group. Drove all proposal efforts and won 6M contract
from ATT. Remote access for infrastructure protection was one side application that evolved from this
• Opened market for Facial Recognition Security Workstations that combined single board computer
EXECUTIVE RESUME PAGE 3
systems with image capture cards and software to form a unit used for facial recognition. Add on
integration included a voice module for further verification capability. Did initial product definition
and market studies and then lead the effort as the business development manager. Closed multiple
• Maintained forecast data allowing management accurate decisions in territory planning
Master of Science, Information Science
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
Extensive Information @ http://www.brightfuse.com/james-falasco