A Brief View on HR Policies and Practices of Daffodil International University
Human Resource Policies and Practices of
Daffodil International University
• With the approval of UGC and Ministry of
Education, Bangladesh, Daffodil International
University was established in 2002 by Mr. Sabur
Khan as a concern of Daffodil Group.
• More than 310 faculty members and 400
administrative staffs (of various grades).
• Total number of students 12000.
• 21 departments segmented into 5 faculties.
• 4 campuses including the Permanent Campus at
Mr. Sabur Khan, Chairman BoT
Human Resource Policies and
Practices of DIU
• To make the university a functional institution, huge pool of
academic and administrative employees are required.
• HR for an university could be different. As it is more student
• It generally affects certain areas like employment service and
risk, benefits and compensation, employee relations, learning and
development, HR operations, HR information systems etc.
Terms and Conditions for
1. Newly recruited employee (s) are appointed for one year on probation period and
upon successful completion of this period he/she will be entitled as Permanent
2. In case of Lien/Contract, after successful completion of probation period his/her
service length may be renewed or extended.
3. Full time employees are not allowed to work/teach anywhere else.
4. Part-time employees must submit a NOC from his/her parent organization.
5. All academic and administrative employees must have to maintain a regular office
6. Taxes will be deducted from his/her pay as per the Government rules.
7. In case if any one wish to leave the job, he/she must submit a Resignation letter to
the Registrar at least 2 months before the date he/she expect to leave the position.
8. In case of employees who are appointed in sensitive positions or departments
(Will be decided by the authority), must submit their Resignation letter to the
Registrar 3 months before the date he/she expect to leave the position.
9. All employees are requested to abide by the general rules and regulations of the
university and its further amendment (if any).
Appointment and Promotion Criteria
•For Faculty Members
•For Administrative Employees
Employee Recruitment Policy
•Interview Schedule & Communication with the Candidates
Performance Evaluation Criteria
•For Faculty Members
•For Administrative Members
Salary and other Benefits
account is credited
within 5 instant of any
•Festival bonus varies
with the tenure of the
•Deduction from salary
is subjected to
Provident Fund) Rules
•Applicable after the
•A separate CPF
account is monitored.
•10% of the basic pay
will be deducted from
the salary account.
•80% from the
contribution could be
taken as loan.
•Started from July 1,
•Resignation with prior
•In case of death the
nominee will get the
amount of gratuity.
•General Leave Rules
•Leave Without Pay
•Subject to the
approval of the BoT,
the employee might
get the benefit if she/
he sustains physical
Dissolution of Responsibilities
•A set of punitive procedures undertaken to address the
violationProcedure of Suspension
•This Procedure is used only when removal of an
employee is not appropriate
•Used when a staff member is so mentally or physically
incapacitated to continue workingDischarge
•Used when an employee is convicted of grave offense
or found guilty of misconductDismissal
• Two month’s notice in prior from the date of his/her resignation,
failing which, he/she will have to surrender two month’s salary to
•A disciplinary action to motivate the employee do
better and not to alienate him/her from the
Advice and Warning
•May serve as a reference and approval of commitment
towards new job station to the employee.NOC and Reference Letter
•Handing over his/her duties/
responsibilities/outstanding/accounts to the authorityRelease from the Job
•Unavailability of Formal HR Structure
•Training and Development Issue
•Just Personnel Employment
•HR counseling cell
•Continuous modernization and revision
HR framework of DIU has rooms for improvement. The policy and
process should be revised date to date. So although the process they
have been adopting so far has been somewhat useful, to adapt to the
changing times, the processes should be revised and streamlined.