• Soft, comfortable and breathable woven
fabrics, such as Sunbrella®
colorfast after sun exposure, wear and
tear, and even bleach application.
• Clean with a mixture of 1/4 cup of mild
soap per gallon of lukewarm water. Scrub
with a soft brush. Rinse and air dry.
• Clean stubborn stains and mildew with
a solution of 1 cup bleach and 2 ounces
of mild soap in a gallon of warm water.
• Ironing is not typically needed, but if
you find it necessary, use your iron’s
Vinyl-Coated Synthetic Fiber Mesh
• Often used on sling-type chairs, these
fabrics are made of vinyl-coated polyester
or acrylic yarns, as well as other synthetics
such as olefin and PVC.
• Vinyl-coated synthetic mesh is easily
cleaned without damaging the fibers or
• Prepare a solution of mild liquid soap and
warm water. Scrub with a soft brush and
rinse with a hose as needed.
• If a stain remains, add 1 cup of chlorine
bleach to the cleaning solution and repeat.
Rinse thoroughly and allow to air day.
NOTE: FabricGuru.com offers this information as a general guide. FabricGuru.com does not warranty any fabric.
Printed Acrylic or Printed Polyesters
• Printed polyester should not be used for
• Brush dirt and debris from printed acrylic
or polyester fabrics regularly.
• Clean with a solution of 1/4 cup of bleach-
free detergent dissolved in 1 gallon of warm
water. Apply the solution to the entire
surface, allow it to soak in and use a soft
brush or sponge as needed. Rinse and allow
to air dry.
• Saturate spots and stains with the cleaning
solution and then brush or gently scrub
with a soft brush. Rinse and repeat until the
stain is gone.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR OUTDOOR FABRIC CARE
Do not dry clean.
Do not tumble dry; outdoor fabrics dry quickly.
Fabric is water-resistant, not waterproof.
Brush off loose dirt and wipe up spills as they occur.
Fabrics do not promote mildew growth, but mildew can grow on soils or spills if not
UV ratings are given in terms of hours of protected sun exposure. Most printed/
woven polyester and printed acrylic fabrics are rated for 500 – 750 light hours.
Woven acrylics are rate for 1,500+ light hours.
HOW TO CLEAN THE MOST COMMON OUTDOOR FABRICS