TAHARAT IN ISLAM
FAISAL REHNMAN KHAN
ROLL NUM 228
SEC D B.ED
Remove from your body and cloths two
Impurities before prayers.
• Najasat Haqeeqi are those impurities
which can be seen and felt and in the
material form. [a. Ghaliza (High) b.Khafifa
• Najasat Hukmi [a. Need for Wudu
(ablution) b.Need for Ghusul (bath)]
a. Ghaliza (High)
b. Khafifa (light)
A. Urine, congealed blood, carrion, wet
skin, Urine of those animals whose
meat is not eaten, dog droppings,
B. Horse urine, Urine of those animals
whose meat is eaten, dropping of
1. Bismilah should be read outside when entering the
toilet, and then the following Du’a:
2. والخبائث الخبث من بك أعوذ إني أللهم O Allah! I seek
refuge with you from impure male and female Jinn.
3. One should enter to the toilet with the left leg.
4. The left hand should be used to wash.
5. Sit leaning on the left side for stool come out easier in
6. The hands up to the wrists should be washed.
7. Wash the parts until you are thoroughly satisfied that
the body is clean.
8. But the doubtful person should wash three or seven
9. It is prohibited to stand and urinate.
10. It is prohibited to face or turn one’s back towards the
Qiblah and pass stool or urinate. For Elders and children
11. It is prohibited to make Istinja with bones, impurities,
cool, glass, Edible, etc.
12. One should not enter the toilet bare headed, nor wearing
the ring on which is the name of Allah or His Prophet or
13. Allah’s name should not be taken inside, If ones sneezes,
then reply should be recited in the heart only.
14. Leaving toilet one should step out with the right foot first
15. After leaving the toilet the following Du’a should be
recited: وعافاني الذى عني أذهب الذي لله الحمد غفرانك I
seek Your forgiveness, O Allah praise be to Allah who has
removed from me this discomfort and granted me
Things that one should
abstain from when passing
stool or urine
1. To talk
2. To cough unnecessarily
3. To read some verse of the Qur’an, Hadith or
4. To take some things on which the respected
things are written.
5. To relieve oneself in a standing position without
6. To remove all cloths.
7. To make Istinja with right hand.
Makrooh (things should
1. It is Makrooh to face moon or sun
2. To do on the bank of river, pond, etc.
even the impurity is not fall inside.
3. to do under the trees in whose shade
people sit, under fruit and flowering
trees where people sit in winter in order
to get sunshine.
Makrooh Tahrimi (things should
be avoided extremely)
• To do this in following places:
• Among animals, very close to Masjid or Eid-gah,
in a graveyard, at a place where people make
Wudu or Ghusul, on the road, in the direction of
wind, in a hole, on the road side, near a caravan
or some gathering, In other words, it is Makrooh
to relieve oneself in such a place where people
move around and are caused discomfort, and also
in such a place where the impurity can flow back
towards the person.
Fardh Compulsory acts of Wudu
• There are Four Fardh acts in Wudu mentioned
in the verse: فاغسلوا الصلوة إلى قمتم إذا آمنوا الذين يأيها
الكعبين إلى وأرجلكم برؤسكم وامسحوا المرافق إلى وأيديكم وجوهكم
المائدة ))سورةO you who believe, when you rise for
Salah (prayer) wash your faces and your hands
up to the elbows, and make Masah (wiping by
hands) of your heads and (wash) your feet up
to the ankles.
1. To wash the entire face once.
2. To wash both hands up to and including elbows
3. To make masah of one-quarter of the head
4. To wash both feet up to and including the
Sunnah acts for Wudu
1. To Say العظيم العلي ل والحمد ال بسم
2. To wash both hands up to wrists.
3. To rinse the mouth. To use Miswak
4. To wash the nose.
5. To make Masah of the entire head.
6. To wash each part three times.
7. To make Masah of the ears.
8. To make Khilal of the fingers and toes.
9. After Wudu Surah AlQadar should be recited, and
then the following Du’a: من واجعلني التوابين من اجعلني اللهم
الصالحين عبادك من واجعلني .المتطهرين O Allah! Make me of the
repentants, and make me of the purified, and iclude
me among your pious servants.
10. And recites the Kalimah Shadah.
Things that break Wudu
1. Passing urine, or stool, or air.
2. Any flowing impurity Blood, pus, from such a body part
which is washed in Wudu or Ghusul.
3. Vomit of food, clots of blood, or yellow water which is
4. Bleeding from teeth when it is equal to or more than
6. Laughing in such a salat that has ruku and sajdah.
7. Consuming any form of intoxicants.
10.Emission of semen due to shock, fall. b/c due to sex the
Ghusul becomes compulsory.
Allah stated: فاطهروا جنبا كنتم وإن If you are
in a state of major impurity, cleanse
yourselves well (by taking bath)
There are three Faraidh in Ghusul
• Washing the inside of mouth
• Washing the inside of nose
• To wash the whole body once no
part to be left dry.
That which makes Ghusul
1. Semen was found on body or cloth
and thanked it is due to sex.
2. On inserting of penis in any of two
3. After haidh
4. After nifas