Finding Financial Information: An overview of MintGlobal and DatAnalysis
Finding Company Financial Information
MintGlobal and DatAnalysis Overview
2La Trobe University
Finding Company Information
• There are many places to find information on a company. We have numerous databases that cover
both company and industry information and financial information. These can all be found under
Company Information in the drop down section of the Databases Tab on the library homepage.
• Financial Information Databases
• MintGlobal (BvD)
• DatAnalysis Premium
• ThompsonOne.com Investment Banker
• BankScope (BvD)
• Company and Industry Information
• Company 360
• Passport (Euromonitor)
• Marketline Advantage
• Connect 4 Boardroom (Executive Information)
• Other Business and Newspaper Databases:
• Business Source Complete
• Don’t forget to look at the company’s Corporate Website.
We will look
at these 2
3La Trobe University
MintGlobal: Using the Home Page
• MintGlobal has both public (ASX-listed) and private company financial information. It has
financials, ratios, forecasts, stock data, company news and original documents (eg. Annual
• NOTE: MintGlobal has international coverage so make sure you pick the right country!
4La Trobe University
MintGlobal: Using the Search Companies Tab
5La Trobe University
Mint Global: Viewing a Company Report
• Don’t forget to modify the Consolidated data settings to ‘As Reported’ to get the figures as taken
from the annual report.
• Annual Reports can be found under Original Documents.
6La Trobe University
• Sections are on the left and include:
• Corporate Details
• Operational History
• Business Summary
• Shareholder Listings and Director’s Trades
• All ASX Announcements
• Share Price History and Market Data
• Financial Data (10 years)
• Dividend History
• Individual Director’s Resumes
• 2 Page Company Summary
• DatAnalysis provides financial information on Australian ASX listed companies. The
main section of DatAnalysis you will use is the Company Report.
7La Trobe University
• DatAnalysis allows data to be downloaded to an excel spreadsheet.