Be the first to like this
The eleven political parties represented on the Political Parties Joint Committee on FATA Reforms acknowledge that the people of FATA deserve the same rights, freedom, protection and economic opportunities as all Pakistanis. We also agree on the urgent need to move forward with additional reforms in FATA.
We believe that political, economic, social and administrative reforms in the tribal areas are necessary to obtain sustainable peace and development in FATA. Therefore and to continue with unified political party efforts initiated in 2010, we make the following urgent recommendations for reforms in the tribal areas:
1) Peace in FATA should be guaranteed.
2) Article 247 of the constitution should be amended.
3) Local bodies elections should be held.
4) A comprehensive package should be developed and infrastructure development initiated, with special focus on health, education and employment.
5) The future status of FATA should be decided by its people.
6) PEMRA media jurisdiction should be extended.
7) The Jirga system should be made more democratic and independent.
8) Actions in Aid of Civil Power Regulation should be abolished.
9) Executive and judicial powers should be separated.
10) Citizens should not be deprived of property; inheritance law should be extended.
11) Civil armed forces (khasadar/levies) should be strengthened and professionalized.