(Laboratoire d‘Analyses des Sols Eau, Vegetaux et Engrais)
Mr Abdourahaman Elh Moudi Moustapha
Soil analysis in your country
How many routine laboratories exist in your
Are they ‘mobile’ laboratories?
Are soil test kits commonly used?
a- In Niger we have three known routine laboratories:
-LASEVE( Laboratoire d’Analyses Sol, Eau, Vegetaux et Engrais) at
-LASDES(Laboratoire Sol, Eau et Dynamique des surfaces) at
Université Abdou Moumouni of Niamey
-QCL(Quality Control Laboratory) which is private in Niamey
b- Mobile laboratories exist only in INRAN known as ‘’Soil Doc’’ pilot phase
c- Soil kits are not used in Niger up to now
IV- The forces include:
- Mandate for official analysis in Niger
- Capacity of analyisng numerous samples with diversity of requests
- New building is under construction by WAPP Niger
- Availability of Legislative and regulatory texts (statutes)
- Long experience of partnership with sister institutions
- Presence of interns to strengthen the capacity of the laboratory personnel
- Project of acquisitions of new equipment by PPAO SAPEP and KFW
- Existence of highly experienced human resources
- Availability of ECOWAS manual for quality control
- Presence of researchers attached to laboratory with diverse field of
V- There are many things to improve including:
- Most of devices are obsoletes
- Logistics and maintenance highly needed
- The current infrastructure is under degradation
- Some materials and equipment are out of use
- The aging workforce
Expectations out of this meeting and GLOSOLAN?
To make LASEVE attain a higher level in terms of analysis capability by :
-Offering through either short or long duration training of personnel a capacity
reinforcement regarding all aspects related to modern laboratories.
-Provide the scientists attached to the LASEVE with such knowledge enabling
them to face any challenge as soil reclamation, conservation, hygien and
-Provide the possibility to the lab to be informed and able to get novelty in
terms of technologies used for analysis in general at the right time.
- Opportunity to get access to modern and advanced materials suited to precise
analysis as well as for academic purposes.