Laboratory name: Laboratorio Regional de
Analise de solos e Plantas -LRASP
Name of the presenter: Momade Mamudo Ibraimo
(Doctor I soil science by Viçosa University -Brazil
Soil analysis in your country
How many routine laboratories exist in your
Are they ‘mobile’ laboratories?
There are three routine analysis laboratories: LRASP-
CZnd-Nampula/IIAM, IIAM-Sede-Maputo Soil and
Plant Laboratory and UEM-FAEF Soils and Plants
No, are only fixed laboratories.
Are soil test kits commonly used?
Yes, test kits are used, but they need to be calibrated
with the reference laboratories to check their
sensitivity. since there are many types.
What do you think your lab is strong at?
A dynamic team and structured technique that responds:
- The current demand;
- Since the sample collection;
- Physical-chemical analyzes and;
- Technical report
It has a great role in the practical training of several levels
- Professional technical education;
- Middle School;
- Higher Education for curricular internships and
monograph work for graduation purposes;
- Search complementarity between research and extension;
- We are more focused on tropical soils.
- Lack of international records;
- International standard sample;
- Maintenance of equipment due to
- Trained personnel;
- Poor repositioning of commonly used material, such
- Standard, glassworks, equipment;
- Few customers informed about our services;
- Non-georeferenced customer samples.
What do you think it could be improved?
-Maintenance in meetings like this one;
-Regular visits of the laboratories of specialists of the
-Technical support in the training area;
-Unified protocols for laboratory procedures.
What are your expectations out of this meeting and
-Harmonization in laboratory procedures;
-Easy transfer of data;
-Technical support permanent scientists, for example:
-Short and long term courses;
-Existence of increasingly sufiscaficated equipment.
Be part of the Reference Laboratories for excellence; Share
our facilities and the GLOSOLAN group.