Top 10 Foods to Enhance Your Brain By Daniel Harper http://ezhealthmanagement.com/blog/
Finding yourself unable to focus at work, having trouble memorizing things, or just plainly suspecting yourselfof being mentally challenged? Before you visit a psychiatrist or drown in self-pity, try observing your diet firstand find out if you just lack the proper nutrients your brain needs. Below are the top 10 foods that can giveyour brain some well-deserved boost. 1. Nuts– These small but flavorful friends helped me during my school days. Nuts contain protein, lots of fiber, healthy fats, and plenty of vitamins B, E, and Magnesium. These nutrients help you improve cognitive functions, clear your brain to help you think clearer, and enhances good mood. Almonds, filberts, hazelnuts, cashews, and walnuts are great choices to start with.
2. Eggs– There’s a reason why eggs are commonly prepared during breakfast. Aside from being agood source of protein, vitamins and minerals, eggs also contain a nutrient called choline which helpsboost memory, and selenium which is proven to improve your mood.3. Berries– Berries in their natural form are well known to contain tons of antioxidants that enhanceyour brain by maintaining neurons and boosting their signals which results to improved cognition,coordination and memory. Adding berries into your daily diet also helps in preventing age-relatedconditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Good choices are Acai berries, blueberries andstrawberries.
4. Green Tea– Have you noticed that when you’re subjected to a lot of mental stress it becomes moredifficult for you to perform more tasks and put out more creativity? One effective way to relax thebody and regain mental strength is to drink green tea. Green tea contains catechines which helps relaxthe brain and maintain focus. It also helps in maintaining positive mood states and prevents mentaldisorders.5. Chocolate– This should be wonderful news for all chocoholics. Dark chocolate containsantioxidants and natural stimulants such as serotonin and dopamine which enhances brain functionsand promotes good mood. It also contains high levels of flavanol epicatechin which improves bloodflow to the brain resulting to better cognitive skills. Combine chocolate with nuts and berries for ahealthier and more effective combination. Before you indulge in such sweet temptation, pleaseremember that moderation is the key.
6. Tuna– Particularly Yellow Fin tuna contains omega 3s and the highest level of vitamin B6 than any food. These nutrients improve intellectual health by optimizing electrical signal processes in the brain and making brain membranes flexible.7. Wholegrain foods– Whole grain breads, cereals, and barley are good examples as they containvitamins B6, B12 and folic acid which improve blood flow to the brain that helps in maintaining goodmemory.
8. Tomatoes– Tomatoes contain a natural antioxidant called lycopene which helps prevent braindegeneration and slows down the aging process. Make sure that you include tomatoes in youreveryday diet for a healthier brain and body. .9. Seeds– Sunflower and pumpkin seeds can improve your mood and boost your brainpower.Sunflower seeds contain amino acid called tryptophan that the brain converts to serotonin, a naturalchemical that relieves mild depression and insomnia. Pumpkin seeds are rich in nutrients such as Zinc,Vitamin A and E, as well as Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, everything that the brain needs.
10. Coffee – Most working adults cannot function during the day without a dose of caffeine in their body. But aside from being a popular morning booster, coffee also contains antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Caffeine in coffee has also been seen to improve memory creation and retention. But like chocolate, coffee should be taken in moderation.I hope this top 10 list helped you in feeding your brain and boosting your mental toughness. Remember thatfood alone cannot make you totally healthy. Proper diet combined with sufficient physical and mental workoutis the key to good health.“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” Are you really serious about becoming healthy mind, body and spirit and change your life once and for all! Bob Proctor – one of the key figures in “The Secret”- believes that the Law of Attraction is incomplete, and for the first time reveals the 11 Forgotten Laws that will finally uncover the Law’s true potential. Click Here! A simple, 3-minute, 3-step formula that has the power to generate tremendous success and happiness. By activating the Law of Attraction, The PowerPausemakes it easy to reduce stress and resolve money, health or relationship problems. Click Here!