• firstly , room attendant must make sure all supplies and equipments are in
• pull trolley next to the door. check for "double lock" or "do not disturb" sign. if
there is none, knock on the door and announce presence.
• record the time you enter the room in room occupancy report and bring
along the maid's caddy.
• make sure all air - conditioning and lights are turned on. if there is fused
bulb, replace it with the new one immediately.
• open windows to air the room.. collect all rubbish
• remove all food trays and put outside so that the room service will pick up
• check lost and found item.
• change all linens such as bed sheets, pillowcases, bath towels, face towels,
hand towels and bath mats. gather all soiled linens and take them
immediately to the cart.
• make the bed and clean the bathroom.
• dusting from high places first
• replace all missing amenities and supplies.
• vaccuum from inside to outside of the room and spray the air freshener.
• turn off all power and pll all windows curtains
• lastly, close and lock the door.
• spray dusting solution and dust all items on the wall such as lamp, picture
frames and light bulb.
• dust and polish mirrors, use glass cleaner on a clean glass cloth and wipe
• check all the windows and clean with glass cleaner if necessary
• dust and clean the telephone, check the receiver by listening to the tones.
• dust the television set and front of the television set with glass cleaner.
• dust each table, all woods or chrome surface on chairs, beginning from top.
• clean the closet . make sure all smudges are removed on the surfaces.
• clean and wipe all switches.
• clean both sides of the door.
• use furniture polish fr woods and chrome and glass cleaner for mirror and
Perform minor maintanence for
• bath tab leaking.
• air-conditioner leaking.
• broken furniture.
• problem in lighting.
WORK ORDER FORM
• when writing in work order form to the maintenance department,
housekeeping staff should state reasons clearly. eg: air condition
000 - very noisy
• there must be an understanding on how to define work clearly or
description of work e.g: require painting only. this means
maintenance are required to paint only, no cleaning or wiping
• both departments should know each other's nature of work. for
example, it is imposible for maintenance to paint a room in
a day required by housekeeping.
prepare room attendant's daily
assignment according to hotel
• management views it as a measure use of
human source, daily income and guest
• determining number of attendants : usually
15-20 rooms per maid/houseman : about
10 min per room
• divide number of occupied rooms by
number of rooms to be assigned to each
consideration for room
design of room
fabrics, number of people occupying the room
nature of the guests in the room
training provided for employees
LIAISON WITH FRONT OFFICE
• housekeeping and front office must have continuous exchange of
information. each department is dependent on each other to sell
rooms. housekeeping must provide Front Office with listing of rooms
that are ready for occupancy so guests can check in.
• day and night guestroom check is performed by housekeeping to
make sure that information provided by night auditor's report is
accurate. Am report is done preferably at 12:00 noon and pm report
the most common reasons
discrepancies may occur are:
• changes of room and front office neglects
to update record.
• errors in Night Auditor's report
• mistakes in room key asssignment by front
• unauthorized staff usingg a room.
• rooms are sold without valid record or
• check in or out process made between the
times the report is prepared.