T&C Meetup #6: Content Marketing That Drives Sales
That Drives Sales
by Ewa Wysocka & Samuel P.N. Cook
1. STRATEGY fundamentals
2. FUNNEL psychology and mapping
3. EXECUTION process
4. Defining your NUMBERS (KPI’s)
5. CONTENT integration
6. PAID TRAFFIC integration
8. CUSTOMER SERVICE process set up
Our 8-Step Digital Marketing Formula
LTV > 3 x CAC
LTV - Customer Lifetime Value
CAC - Customer Acquisition Cost
Rule 1: Use different content at the different
stages of the funnel
60 sec video
An hour long
FAQs and Case
Rule 2: Merge CONTENT
with PAID TRAFFIC!
● Drive paid traffic to the content at
the top of your funnel.
● Use retargeting ads to push your
Persona further into your funnel by
advertising both content and sales
Rule 3: Always have a clear
CALL TO ACTION
embedded in your content
● Your CTA depends on the funnel stage!
● Use links, image ads and popup with
articles, pdfs or infographics.
● End videos with clear spoken and visual
command on what to do next .
Rules 4: Post your content to the channels
where your Persona hangs out the most
Rule 5: Effective content
PROCESS & CONSISTENCY
● You need to have a Content Manager on
● Recruit content producers:bloggers,
video producers, etc. (Or learn these
Rule 6: Go for
QUALITY > QUANTITY
● If you have good content piece
reproduce it in different content
formats like video, podcast,
infographic and article.
Blog Post (Article)
● Use for PARADIGM SHIFT (beginning of
● You need a good HOOK in your
headline and intro.
● Tell a great STORY (take the time).
● Be USEFUL but leave OPEN LOOP.
● CTA should be OPTIN rather than
● Look for inspiration with Kissmetrics.
com, Mint.com, DigitalMarketer.
● Use for PARADIGM SHIFT (beginning
of the funnel).
● Make it so USEFUL that people will
feel like printing it and sticking it to
their fridge door for future reference.
● Kissmetrics.com, Crazyegg.com and
Mint.com are great case studies to
● Post on your blog so you can use
retargeting on Facebook and Google
● Use to build TRUST & LIKEABILITY with
people who already are in your funnel (via
Facebook or Instagram).
● Use to GETTING ATTENTION & PARADIGM
SHIFT (beginning of the funnel) for
physical trendy products.
● No direct ways of retargeting to those
who like or view the image (apart of
Lettly.com for Instagram!)
● Use short engaging videos directly on
social media PATTERN INTERRUPT +
● Retarget these viewers with longer content
videos - RESULTS IN ADVANCE.
● Use testimonials to OVERCOME
● Drive viewers to your sales video: use
Wistia, Vimeo or YouTube and embed in
● Production QUALITY matters but STORY
● Become a director & producer - hire
the videographer & editor.
● Pay special attention to SOUND,
LIGHTING and BACKGROUND.
● Use subtitles to get better
● If you want to do the filming yourself,
learn how to do it with online
● Use PowToon.com for animation
Free Download (Ebook,
● Use for the RESULTS IN ADVANCE
● Make it USEFUL - it should help
someone achieve a concrete
● Make it LOOK GOOD, combine text
● Use Indesign.com, Pages.com.
● Webinars for RESULTS IN ADVANCE and later
stages of your funnel (never beginning of the
● Best merge of CONTENT & SALES.
● Use PRE - WEBINAR sequence to boost showup
rate (email + social media).
● Give 70% content and 30 % sales.
● Structure of your content matters.
● Even if people don’t buy they should think WOW!
● Follow-up after the Webinar (replay + sales
● It doesn’t have to be “LIVE”, it can be
broadcast combined with live Q and A.
● Combine SLIDES and VIDEO for best
● Available platforms to make it live:
GetResponse.com (recent!), Google
Hangouts on Air imbedded in your
● You can also use streaming services (like
Google Hangout) embedded in your
Today we are opening applications
for our second (PAID!) Workshop:
1. You want to create a real strategy for your online marketing
(so you stop “adhoc” online marketing activities that create random results).
2. You are looking for effective ways to plan your online marketing budget
(so you finally know how much you should spend on traffic and content).
3. You want to hire and supervise marketing agencies and freelancers
(so finally you can keep them accountable for REAL results).
If you are a Business Owner or Marketing
1. Your Ideal Customer PERSONA Document.
2. The UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITION for your
3. Your FUNNEL MAP in Lucidchart software:
● Including: web page map, email campaign
map, video campaign map, cold traffic ad
map, remarketing ad map
4. Your KPI’s (cost per clicks, leads, sales).
5. FEEDBACK from Ewa or Sam.
What you will leave
“Funnel Masters” with:
1. You need an actual business case (product!) to work on.
2. You need to be ready to implement it.
3. Workshop is limited to 15 people ONLY!
4. Price is 3 999 PLN.
5. You must apply and pass an interview with us to attend.
Rules of “Funnel Masters”:
Last workshop we had 15 amazing
attendees who helped us to prove the
concept and refine the format for better
results. Check out what they have to say:
“The best thing about the workshop was
creating a funnel and having it reviewed by
~ Kamil Bukala, Co-Founder at TabsFolders.com
“I will now be able not only to supervise the
marketing vendors and specialists but if
necessary, do it myself.”
~ Lidia Zalewska, COO & Co-Founder at ShopTrotter.com
“The Funnel Masters workshop is for
companies that want to communicate
differently and effectively.”
~ Hanna Dymek-Jara,
President of the Management Board at Questia Communications
“I hope our competitors would never take part
in such workshop ;-)”
~ Arkadiusz Cybulski, CEO at Gamfi.pl