Successfully reported this slideshow.
Activate your 14 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
EverTrue LinkedIn for Advancement @ USN (February 2013)
LinkedIn’s user base of 200M represents 200 countries.
Members by Country*
*Credit: Amodiovalerio Verde
An Inﬂuential Bunch
4 in 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions.
42% of members make over $100,000 a year in salary.
39% are Managers, Directors, Owners, Chief Officers or VPs.
Accounts for executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 Companies.
93% more likely to be college graduates than the average adult online.
*Credit: LinkedIn Marketing
73% Use LinkedIn to network with other professionals.
2 out of 3 use LinkedIn to keep up with industry news.
In 2011, LinkedIn users conducted 4.2B professional searches.
There are more than 2M company pages & 1M groups on LinkedIn
In the last year, LinkedIn has experiences a 170% inc. in mobile use.
Lock It Up
Keeping your group locked keeps out spammers. It allows
you to personally welcome members into the community.
Bottom-line: you don’t want random people in your group
and neither do your alumni.
Example: Deerfield - http://linkd.in/WIgJmg
Example: Harvard-Westlake - http://linkd.in/V2Ypq3
LinkedIn alumni group members per student - summer 2011
The Eight Schools - January 2013
0 Andover St. Paul’s Deerfield Academy Choate Rosemary Hall Lawrenceville School Northfield Mount Hermon Exeter Hotchkiss School
Today Summer 2011
*Size of LinkedIn Alumni Group / Enrollment
Grow Your Group by 5pm Today
Example: Shady Side Academy
Top 5 Industries Top 5 Employers Top 5 Industries Top 5 Employers
1. Financial Services 1. Accenture 1. Financial Services 1. Goldman Sachs
2. Law Practice 2. J.P. Morgan 2. Law Practice 2. Google
3. Marketing 3. Merrill Lynch 3. Marketing 3. IBM
4. Information Technology 4. Fidelity Investments 4. Investment Management 4. J.P Morgan
5. Management Consulting 5.Google 5. Computer Software 5. Merrill Lynch
Alums by Top Cities Alums by Top Cities
NYC 36% Boston 40%
San Francisco San Francisco
Washington, DC Washington, DC 20%
2 people join LinkedIn every second
1) Group Manager - Grow your Group by 5pm
2) Sub-groups - Bring your aﬃnity groups online
3) Prospect research - simple targeting
4) Enhance your own proﬁle
5) CardMunch - a great tool for fundraisers
6) Students - don’t let them graduate without LinkedIn
Be the first to like this
Number of Embeds
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
You also get free access to Scribd!
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.