ICT and gamification: opportunities and challenges for career guidance
SEPTEMBER 2017, BELGRADE
Tomas Sprlak, tomas.sprlak@upsvr,gov.sk
WHO WE ARE?
• 230 internal counsellors
• + 60 specialized youth counsellors
• 100 000 clients yearly (40% LTU)
• Special guidance programme for
20 000 young people until 2018
• Motivation to participate: lump sum
PLACEMENT IS NOT THE ONLY
OUTCOME OF GUIDANCE
Identity and motivation
• Who am I?
• What do I want?
Strengths and potential
• What can I offer?
• How can I offer it?
Horizons and planning
• My career goals?
• How to achieve them?
Networks and relations
• Who can help me?
• How to gain and use
• Knowledge, skills, competences, believes,
attitudes, career competences…
• Clearly linked to success on the labour
• Observable, measurable, trackable (test, re-
• Is able to describe own motivations and values related
to work or personal life
• Is able to tell his life story and describe acquired knowledge
• Can tell why he is seeking employment in this specific area
• Has set a specific sequence of necessary steps for
approaching the labor market for at least the next three
• Can find information on job vacancies at least from two
• Is able to outreach to a potential employer with a
necessary level of communication skills
• A S E R I O U S G A M E
• F U N F A C T O R S
• D E S I G N E D A S P L AT F O R M G A M E F L O W W I T H R P G
E L E M E N T S
• L E A R N I N G P O S S I B I L I T I E S A N D P E R S O N A L
D I S C O V E RY I S T H E A S S E T
• AT T R A C T N E E T S T O T H E S Y S T E M
We work in an organization where paper
is more than a person, process more than
the outcome and indicators more than
real improvement of the human situation.
Every day we fight for a change.
Every day we fight to make labour offices