07 reasons - Why your English
speaking isn't improving
I’ve got this through research and self experience
Reason 01: You don’t spend enough
time on learning English
• Every single day counts. It’s absolutely true that
you are extremely busy (Job, running a project,
caring of family, etc.)
• If you think to learn English only on weekend or
at random, this will take you a life time to speak it
• So remove time in every single day and dedicate
it to learn English. Give yourself a reasonable
time. May be, you can take 10 or 15 minutes or
more… it’s up to you
Reason 02: You are too passive about
• You can not be lazy and hope that something will
happen. There is no miracles in this process; believe
• Instead of that, you have to be an active learner. Yes
for active learning on daily basis. Increase your
desire then learn English with passion. Just do it.
• There is no excuse for arguing that there is no one
around to help you to practice. Of course you can
practice a lone. Don’t you think so?
• Practice makes perfect. Dare it
Reason 03: you don’t review and
revise what you have learnt
• Always come back to what you have learned.
• Read it several times. Write it down if this can
• Going through all this process will help you to
register or save into your mind what you have
learned. Don’t rush!
• Move forward with assurance and
Reason 04: you rely on your native
language too much
• The translation helps you only to understand
• By talking there is no need of using translation
because there may be different grammatical
rules from your native language to English
language. Stop stressing yourself.
• Take it easy and express yourself in the easiest
Reason 05: you are always focused on
• You are right to try to know that if you have made a mistake
and seeking for the way to correct it.
• But avoid pushing yourself down.
• English is not your 1st language, so don’t be shy. Mind that no
one can’t challenge you in your mother tongue. Please, love
making mistake, move on and improve your speaking ability.
• Even native speakers do make mistakes too while speaking.
Therefore, why are you worrying to much?
• It doesn’t matter if people laugh at you. Just go on. Be proud
of the fact that you are practicing new language.
• But welcome anyone who corrects you.
Reason 06: You don’t put things in
• Learning new words is good but not sufficient.
• Try to put words in a sentence or in a context.
• Collection of words may not help you to speak
fluently the language.
• It’s advisable to learn the common
expressions, quotes and phrases.
Reason 07: you have advanced a bit in
• You thought that you have advanced enough
and there is no need to learn more.
• Keep practicing if not you will forget : read,
listen to news, songs and chat with friends in
• Lütfen … keep learning and do not stop it .
that this is helpful for you.
Kokouvi Essena at Hazar Koleji in Iğdır, Turkey