"Afghanistan is committed to end the culture of impunity and
violation of law and bring to justice those involved in spreading
corruption and abuse of public property"
- President Hamid Karzai
3 hours ago
• Original Polling Center Master list of 6,969 polling centers from the Independent
Election Commission (IEC).
• IEC's election prelim results from September 16th, a 2,500 page PDF.
• The Electoral Complaints Commission's (ECC) complaint data (which
aggregates only to the provincial level).
The system geo codes votes down the the district level. The political boundaries for this map covered 400 districts.
Density point visualization shows results based on the Highlighted stations criteria, in this case % of stations effected.
Complex analysis: This Afghan ethnic distribution base layer is overlaid with districts won by Karzai (red dots) and
Abdullah (green dots). Dot size indicates the number of votes. Ethnic data is digitized from the Soviet Atlas Narodov Mira
Interacting with the data: you can quickly drill down to any region, as the map zooms.
• Percent Population Urban by District Population by District
(2003-2004) AIMS CSO Population Statistics.
• Settled Population by Province (2006-2007) Afghanistan Human
Development Report 2007, Center for Policy and Human
Development, Kabul University
• Estimated votes, via IEC’s Master Polling Center list
Map Data Sources:
• Elevation information is from the SRTM (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission)
• Road information from OpenStreetMap
• Provincial and district data are from AIMS (Afghanistan Information Management