My Role and Contribution
By Laurence Smith
• I researched different types of shows, to get the idea of what kind of show I
could have to put on. I looked at different shows such as live gigs, looking
how gigs are put together and how the musicians perform to a crowd.
Theater different types of stages and atmosphere is very important and style
to intreats the selective audience.
• As we are a small class and don’t have very long to put on a big show like a
gig nor a drama production. So we came to a group dissision to go with
something smaller the internet
• as the internet as a wide audience 3/4 of the world and you are able to
broadcast whatever you wish.
• In researching Online web series I looked at many different miniseries
including The Guild, Living with the inﬁdels and Chad Vader.
• Most web series are based on comedy as comedy is one of the hardest to
do but it can get the largest audience so I knew when making this show we
had to make a comedy as it would open up for large audience.
• I use a blog to write down my progress and show my research from one
essay accessible place.
• I am able to add pictures, video and other thing in my blog so people can go
through the same process as I did in contributing in this project.
• we were broken up into 2 group one called Lines and me group Detention
• In my group was James, Hayden, Matt H, Philippa, Alexander and Joe
• we had speciﬁc roles in the group.
• I was Editor, Camera operator and sound engineer and extra
• James was Script Writer and actor
• Philippa was marketing and Director of Sound
• Hayden was story bored, cinematographer and actor
• Alexander was Marketing and actor
• Matt H was graphic Design
• my Role was Editor, Camera operator and
sound engineer as well as an extra
• I had to edit all the footage we got for any
trailer or episodes I had to ﬁlm most of the
episode and operator the boom mic at the
same time. I was also and extra in episode
2 and 3
Planning the episodes
• We worked together in thinking of anisual
idea for the episode and after brain
storming characters and the plot james
went away and made a script for each
episodes we made little changes to it
adding extra jokes and talking away
anything that didn’t work.
• for advertising we used facebook and blog
to help publicize the episodes lunch by
inviting friends and keeping people updated
and thing people can watch like teaser
• episode was our pilot episode and was
truly our pilot episode as we had alot of set
back and made many mistakes that we
learnt from fro future episode some of the
camera work was poor as well as the acting
we also broke health and safety as james
gave hayden a nose bleed by accident but
luckily I was a qualiﬁed First-aider
• Episode 2 we planned out alot more
carefully and I had to do camera work for
this and operate the boom mic as the last
episode dragged on a bit to long we cut
alot out of the episode and made it as long
as we had to have it.
• Episode 3 we had alot of complication as
we had to ﬁlm the episode in a very short
space of time and didn’t have everything
planned out fully so we had to quickly bring
everything together and make a quick
episode but we did get to the launch date
• We had positive reviews from many people. Especially episode 2 as it was
was the most well planned one out of the 3. We got quite a few view on the
facebook page but had problem with the view counter of our episode as the
contour didn’t count view if people watched the episode directly on
facebook. So we didn’t have a full idea of how many view we actually got for
all the episodes.
• looking back at the 3 episode and work I
feel that we did well but there was room
for a lot of improvements and out
organisation skills weren’t as efﬁcient as we
hoped. I was happy with my editing episode
2 as I did it quickly and efﬁciently that we
had plenty of time to make little