Be the first to like this
In September 2016, the PostgreSQL community is rolling out PostgreSQL 9.6 which includes improvements in parallelism for query performance, overall performance improvements and the integration of foreign data sources.
This presentation introduces the new features of 9.6 and how they will benefit you.
- Parallel sequential scans, joins and aggregates
- Elimination of repetitive scanning of old data by autovacuum
- Synchronous replication now allows multiple standby servers for increased reliability
- Full-text search for phrases
- Support for remote joins, sorts, and updates in postgres_fdw
- Substantial performance improvements, especially in the area of improving scalability on many-CPU servers
If you have any questions on how to get started with Postgres, please email email@example.com