2. Lesson quote
Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act
of friendship. Because it is a way you can give
something without loosing something.
3. LESSON OBJECTIVES
At the end of this lesson, the student should be able to:
Define application software.
List and explain the types of application software.
State the functions of application software.
5. Application software is a computer program that
provides the user with the ability to accomplish a goal
or a purpose. Application software can be divided into
three categories. One category is general purpose
application, another category, special purpose
application.The third category, mobile purpose,
consists of programs designed for smartphones and
7. General purpose application:This application software helps
users to achieve a wide range of tasks or perform a lot of tasks.
Examples include but not limited to: presentation software,
word processors, database programs, web browsers, etc.
Special purpose application:This application software helps
users to accomplish or achieve a specific task. Examples include
but are not limited to: IDEs, Designing software,Video editing
9. An application software like the database software helps
users both personal and commercial, to manage and organise
Word processing software like Microsoft word helps users to
type and edit documents in a more convenient and efficient
Presentation software helps users to coordinate, share and
communicate ideas in a precise and a concise manner
10. Simulation software helps users to test their invention in
a virtual world in order to get the exact impact it might
have when tested in a real world.
Application software makes research and learning
possible and easier with programs like Google chrome,
Firefox and other online educational repositories.
11. Try thy hands on
1. Define application software
2. List and explain the types of application software
3. List four examples of application software
4. State four (4) functions of application software