Name some of the people who rose from obscurity to prominence. Lesson: It does not matter where you come from; but it does matter where you are going.
The purpose driven achiever
The Purpose Driven Achiever
• You can become great and make excellent
accomplishment in this life
• How do I know?
• Through the examples/experiences of the
greatest achievers the world has ever known
• One common experience most of them share
is that: they were ordinary men and women
but became extra-ordinary
• How did they become extra-ordinary from
• Through what they lived for:
They lived for something with intense
That thing was their PURPOSE
In other words they were purpose driven.
• What does it mean to be Purpose
Driven or what is the meaning of
purpose driven living?
•1 cor. 15:32
•“….Let us eat and drink
for tomorrow we die.”
• This is as good as asking why are we here?
What are we here for?
• What is the reason for our existence?
• There is no greater day in your life than the
day you discover you purpose for living.
• To be purpose driven is to have a positive
reason for living or doing something. It
means having something you stand for, a
cause you are ready to pursue to
conclusion. It is discovering the reason
for your existence, your God-given
assignment and deciding to pursue it
with all that you are and with all that you
•Is it possible to achieve the
purpose driven life?
“Where there is no vision, the people
perish…” Prov. 29:18
• Vision is the root of purpose driven living
• It gives you direction
• Talent is good and very important to the
purpose driven life but without vision talents
will not take you far
• Vision tells you where you are going
• Knowing where you are going defines your
purpose in return
What is Vision?
• Vision represents the greatest thing
that you can imagine happening in
• It is the great goal that will make you
happy, motivated and fulfilled once
• There are millions of visions that will never be
• What will make your own vision to be
different is the courage to execute
• You need courage to achieve your vision.
What is courage?
• Among top ten things that people
on their death bed regret is
inability to live a life true to their
–The reason is simple: Courage
• Courage is mental and moral strength to
venture, persevere, withstand.
– Pursuing your vision against all odds
– Pursuing your vision knowing there are challenges
– Perseverance in the pursuit of your vision
• Life and time are inseparable. Waste your time
and you would have succeeded in wasting
• I belief there is an ideal time for everything
like the preacher puts it; but you must be wise
enough to know when.
• Note that there will never be a perfect time to
do anything, you just must start now.
•Is there anything like
LUCK in this life?
• My definition of LUCK is
If you have these three together with your purpose,
you will always be lucky.
Everybody will have one opportunity or the
other to become great in life; seizing that
opportunity at the right time is what people call
You will be lucky when your purpose in life
meets with the right opportunity and you
quickly seize it.
Food for thought
“The future belongs to
those who see possibilities
before they become
obvious” – John Sculley
• Find more on Emmanuel Adewuyi’s blog and