All students must have a user agreement signed by their parent.
Students must sign their user agreements along with their E-
parents. User agreements are an essential part of our cyber
Please discuss this E-Learning Agreement with your child.
This agreement is part of our ethics and responsibility when
using technology. Sign and return to their classroom. If you
have any questions, please contact your classroom teacher.
Student name: ______________________________________________
Tahunanui School Senior Syndicate
Student & Parent E-Learning Agreement
1. I cannot use school ICT equipment until my parent(s)/guardian(s) have
signed my agreement form and the completed form has been returned
2. I can only use the computers and other ICT equipment for my
schoolwork and only with my teacher’s permission.
3. I can only go online or use the Internet at school when a teacher gives
permission and an adult is supervising.
4. All Web 2.0 accounts (i.e. interactive websites such as Voicethread and
Blogger) will be created and managed by my teacher. All usernames
and passwords will use a designated school wide usernames and
passwords. These will be kept in a secure database maintained by a
senior manager of the school. I can view and use my account at home.
5. I understand that when I upload work, photographs and comments on
Web 2.0 accounts, I am creating a digital footprint. This means they
can be viewed by others on the world wide web.
6. I understand that I must not, at any time, use the Internet, email,
mobile phones or any ICT equipment to be mean, rude, offensive, or to
bully, harass, or in any way harm anyone else or the school itself, even
if it is meant as a ‘joke’.
7. While at school, I will not:
Attempt to search for things online I know are not acceptable at
our school. This could include anything that is rude or violent or
uses unacceptable language such as swearing
Make any attempt to get around, or bypass, security, monitoring and
filtering that is in place at our school.
8. If I find anything that upsets me, is mean or rude, or things I know are
not acceptable at our school, I will:
Not show others
Click on the Hector Safety Button
Get the teacher straight away
9. I understand that I must not download or copy any files such as music,
videos, games or programmes without the permission of a teacher. This
is to ensure we are following copyright laws.
10. I must have a letter from home and permission from school before I
bring any ICT equipment/device from home. I must not connect any
personal ICT equipment/devices to school equipment. This includes
iPods, games, cameras, and USB drives. The school cybersafety rules
apply to any ICT brought to school or any Web 2.0 application used
11. I will not connect any device (such as a USB drive, camera or phone) to
school ICT or run any software, without a teacher’s permission. This
includes all wireless technologies.
12. I will ask my teacher’s permission before giving out any personal
information online. I will also get permission from any other person
Personal information includes:
13. I will respect all school lCT and will treat all ICT equipment/devices
with care. This includes:
Not intentionally disrupting the smooth running of any school