• Complete any task from the Of Mice and Men homework
This has been set on the ‘Show my homework’ website and is
also available to download from the year 9 literature blog.
L.O: To analyse setting and
characters in Chapter 2.
OF MICE AND
Tuesday, 10th June
This is the setting for Chapter
0ne – Write a paragraph
Use as many adjectives as you
1. Find a quote that shows the bunkhouse is like a coffin.
What does this foreshadow in the novel?
2. How is the bunkhouse different to the setting of
3. Does the Bunkhouse fit with the description of what
the American Dream is made out to be?
Name of character Words to do with them
Candy swamper right
Boss annoyed late
Curley big boxer
Curley’s wife pretty tart
Slim puppies promises
Carlson dog new
We meet six new characters in this chapter as George and Lennie arrive at
the ranch the following morning. For each character listed below write a
sentence about them containing their name and the other words provided in
the order they appear. Each sentence should demonstrate an accurate
understanding of the text.
Letters and numbers…
• Choose a number from 1 to 10.
• Choose a letter from the alphabet.
• Come up with … words beginning with the letter … which
relate to Of Mice and Men.