•GOAL: Basic, working-level proficiency withWeebly platform
•Approach: Portfolio REMIX
•Weebly best practices
•Web creation tools and places for free assets
•Weebly portfolio shell setup
• Students take assignments (essays) they’ve already turned in
and “remix” them into other forms of content.
• From Katie’s Portflio REMIX assignment prompt:
“Think: How can you take what you’ve written and tell it in a
different way?Your Night essay could become an informative
blog post, or op-ed piece.Take your narrative essay and record
your story like Mike Birbiglia’s “Stranger in the Night” and post
it. Make a video depicting the subject of your descriptive essay.
These are just ideas … the digital world is your oyster.”
Ideas for Remixing
• Blog posts
• Speeches (performed, not
• Digital presentation
• Dramatic performances
• Digital posters
• Visual art
• Animated videos
• Comic strips
• Digital flyers
• Digital newsletters
• Musical performances
Digital Portflio/Weebly Best Practices
• Publish is the new save.
• View published site for real-time visual.
• Snapping isn’t always seamless.
• Compose text inWord first.
• Embed elements when you can.When you can’t, link with a screenshot.
• Convert .doc to .pdf before embedding.
• Vary page layouts to best fit content
• Check viewing permissions for external links
• Make sure elements are viewable/readable.
Resources for Remixing
Bundlr Link: Digital Portfolio Resources