Automatic Upper Arm Type
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR
Before using the Monitor
1. Introduction................................................ 3
2. Safety Information...................................... 4
3. Device Description..................................... 5
4. Device Function......................................... 6
5. How to Install the Battery........................... 7
6. Specifications............................................. 8
7. Applying The Cuff ..................................... 9
8. Before Taking a Measurement ................ 11
9. Measure the Blood Pressure................... 12
10. Setting the Date and Time....................... 14
11. How to view average value...................... 15
12. How to Maintain and store the unit.......... 16
13. Limited Warranties................................... 17
14. Troubleshooting tips................................ 18
15. State of Health......................................... 19
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF CONTENTS
Thank you for purchasing the QS HEALTH Q-150
Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor.
Fill in for future reference.
Staple your purchase receipt here.
Register your product on-line at
Blood Pressure Monitor CE ROHS FDA certificate
2. SAFETY INFORMATION
To assure the correct use of the product, basic safety measures should
always beFollowed including the warnings and cautions listed in this ins-
OPERATING THE DEVICE: Follow the Instructions of your physician or
licensed healthcare provider.Self-diagnosis and treatment using measured
results may be dangerous.
DO NOT adjust medication based on measurement results from this blood
pressure monitor take medication asprescribed by your physician. Only a
physician is qualified to diagnose and treat High Blood Pressure.The monitor
is not intended to be a diagnostic device.
Read all of the information in the instruction manual and any other
literature in the box before operatingthe unit.
This device is intended for use in measuring blood pressure and pulse rate
in the adult population.
Do not use this device on infants or persons who cannot express their inten-
tions.Do not use a cellular phone near the device.
It may result in an operational failure.Use only “AA” alkaline batteries with
Do not use other types of Batteries This may damage the unit.
4. DEVICE FUNCTION
Automatic determines ideal cuff inflation.
4 -person memory zones, each 99-reading with measuring date/time.
Average value for last three records.
Auto shut-off in 1 minute, power saving.
Clear Memory Function
4 alarm setting for blood pressure measuring or for the
medicine time intake
6 Color Light sign to display the State of Health
Completely automatic, operates with the push of a button
Time and Date setting
Selectable between mmHg and Kpa.
High & Low pulse rate sign when the measured pulse rate value
is too high ortoo low
Guide Standards for Assessment of High Blood Pressure
Irregular Heart Beating sing
Warning heart blinker.
A. When the user measures the blood pressure and intend to delete any
record. Please take the following step.*press button twice to enter
into memory display, then press button around 3 seconds that will
show “Clr” on LCD, then press button.
B. If the user intend to clean all records, please take the following step.
*Press button twice to enter into memory display, then press
button around 3 seconds that will show “CLr ” on LCD, then press
button, it will show “ ALL ”, then press button.
There are two warning signs (PH and PL) to display with the “Pulse rate” if
the user’s pulse rate is high or low. The warning sign “PH” means “Pulse”
High The warning sign “PL” means “Pulse” Low
Display 3 level battery capacitive indicator during measurement.
After setting, display will show “Kpa” “ON” or “OF”, you can select pressure
unit with mmHg or Kpa. ON means Kpa, OF means mmHg.
If you selected the Kpa for pressure unit, but you want to return mmHg, you
should move the batteries around 3 minutes, then re-start the device, it will
be revert mmHg or you repeat the above step 1 to 3, you can set it again
5. HOW TO INSTALL BATTERY
A. Remove the battery cover in
accordance with thedirection
B. Insert 4 x “AA” batteries in
accordance with the indication
of polarities on the batteries.
C. Slide the battery cover to close.
Type: Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
4 Person Memory: 1 ~ 99 with data and time stamp
Measurement Method: Oscillometric Method Technology
Measurement Range - Pressure: 30 ~ 280 mmHg
Pulse Rate: 40 ~ 195 beats / min
Accuracy Pressure: within ±3 mmHg
Pulse rate: within ±5% of reading
(Subject to the temperature, humidity listed below)
Inflation: Automatic inflation via pump
Selectable between mmHg and Kpa
Auto Power off: 1 minute after last key operation
Operating Temperature: 10 ~ 40 °C (50 ~ 104 °F)
Operating Humidity: 30 ~ 85% R.H.
Storage Temperature: -20 ~ 60 °C (-4 ~ 140 °F)
Storage Humidity: 10 ~ 95% R.H.
Power Supply: 4 x AA batteries
Arm Circumference: 22 ~ 32 cm (8.7 ~ 12.6 inch)
Item Dimension: approx. 137 (L) x 81 (W) x 42 (H) mm
(5.39’ x 3.19’ x 1.65’ inch)
Item Weight: approx. 210 g (7.41 oz)
NOTE: These specifications are subject to change without notice
Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Upper Arm Cuff with Air Tubing
User Manual and Guide Spanish & English
Protective Leather Pouch
4 alkaline AA batteries
7. APPLYING THE CUFF
Read all of the information in the instruction manual and any other literature
in the box before operating the unit.
Do not use this device on infants or persons who cannot express their
APPLYING THE CUFF ON THE LEFT ARM
Make sure the air plug
is securely inserted in the
Remove tight-fitting clothing
from your upper left arm.
Sit on a chair with
your feet flat on
3 Place your left arm on a table so
the cuff is level with your heart.
Hold the thumb grip on the
cuff securely with your right
Turn the palm of your left
Apply the cuff to your left upper
arm so the white stripe is on the
inside of your arm and aligned
with your middlefinger. The air
tube runs down the inside of
your arm. The bottom of the
cuff should be approximately
1/2” aboveyour elbow.
Wrap the cuff firmly in place
around your arm using the
APPLYING THE CUFF ON THE
Apply the cuff to your right upper
arm so the thumb grip is centeredon
the inside of your inner arm. The bot-
tom of the cuff should beApproxima-
tely 1/2’’ above your elbow.
NOTE: Be careful not to rest
your arm onthe air tube. This will
restrict the flow of airto the cuff.
8. BEFORE TAKING A MEASSUREMENT
Follow these recommendations
1. Avoid eating, drinking alcohol, and smoking, exercising, and bathing for
30 minutes before taking ameasurement. Rest for at least 15 minutes before
taking the measurement.
2. Stress raises blood pressure. Avoid taking measurements during stressful
3. The cuff can be applied to your left or right wrist.
4. Measurements should be taken in a quiet place.
5. Position the unit at heart level throughout the measurement.
6. Remain still and do not talk during the measurement.
7. Wait 2-3 minutes between measurements you may need to increase the
wait time depending on yourindividual physiological characteristics.
8. A single measurement does not provide an accurate indication of your true
blood pressure. You need totake and record several readings over a period
of time. Try to measure your blood pressure at the same timeeach day for
9. MEASURE THE BLOOD PRESURE
The American Heart Association1 recommends the following guideline
For upper limit of normal for home blood pressure readings:
Home Guideline for Upper Limit of Normal BP
Systolic Blood Pressure 135 mmHg, Diastolic Blood Pressure 85 mmHg
The monitor is not intended to be a diagnostic device.
QS HEALTH recommends you contact your physician if the MORNING
HYPERTENSION SYMBOL and/or the HEARTBEAT SYMBOL appear on the
display with your measurement values.
CONNECT THE TUBE OF ARM CUFF TO THE UNIT PROPERLY.
1. To apply the arm cuff.
A. Turn the palm of your hand upward. Place mark cloth inside your arm, and
match the end of the arm cuff to approximately 1-2 cm from the flexed side
of the elbow joint of your arm (nipple level) and wrap the arm cuff on the arm.
B. Hold the end of the Arm Cuff and wrap it up by gently pulling so that there
is no gap between the arm cuff and the arm.
C. Press button to measure blood pressure arm cuff.
2. To start the measurement
Note: In order to get correct measurement results and to avoid unnecessary
erroneous measurement, arm, hand and fingers should be still during mea-
surement, also you should be seated and keep silence.
A. Press button,the cuff will inflate automatically.
B. After main unit detecting Systolic/Diastolic and Pulse Values etc.
all of the measured values will be displayed on the LCD panel.
C. Release Arm Cuff from your arm while the cuff deflates completely.
TO SEE THE PREVIOUS MEASURED VALUES
3. The main unit automatically stores the previous measured
A. Press button, then you can read the average value for
last three records.
B. If you press button successively, then you can read the
prervious test record for the first persen’s measured.
C. Press button, then you can read second, third or forth
person’s measured values.
D. Stored capacity is up to 99 sets each page (person).
If you press “view” button, you can read the all 99 sets records automatically
one by one.
4. To finish the measurement
After deflation, the measurement of blood pressure is completed, If you want
to measure again,please press button again, the unit will shut-off then,
you should press button again to restart the power. Generally, LCD
panel displays Month/Date/Hour/Minute.
ONCE YOU INTEND TO SET THE TIME. PLEASE OPERATE AS BELOW:
1. Press button at least 5 seconds, then the YEAR “2008” will
appear and blinking.
2. Then press to forward YEAR setting,also you can press
to backword YEAR setting.
3 After finishing it, you can press button again.
Now you can adjust Month/Date/Hour and Minute as you desired.
10. HOW TO SET TIME AND DATE
HOW TO SER ALARM CLOCK
Alarm clock design provides the convenience for user medicine takenor
blood pressure measuring. The operation of alarm setting is sameas previous
time and date setting.
1. Pressing button at least 5 seconds and wait “ YEAR “
blinking, adjusting Date & Time in correct.
2. Then LCD display “ C - - - - - - 0:07”, and “ ON “ , press
button again, you can set the first alarm time, If you qant to adjust
the time, please press or .
3. Keep LCD display in the “ ON ” position ,and press button to
continue 2 - 4 alarm setting.
4. If you need to stop Alarm setting, you may press or
button to let LCD display transfer to the “ OFF “ position.
Then the Alarm setting will stop immediately.
5. During the setting, if there is any confused, you may simply to stop by
pressing button, then this unit will re-display TIME function.
6. This unit offers 4- Alarm setting, the Alarm time is 1 minute.
11. HOW TO VIEW AVERAGE VALUE
This unit could offer average value for user reference automatically.
The average is decided by user’s latest 3 measurements.
1. Press , you can view the value for latest 3 measurements.
2. You can press to read the other person’s average values.
• If you selected the Kpa for pressure unit, but you want to return mmHg,
you should move thebatteries around 3 minutes, then re-start the device, it
will be revert mmHg or you repeat the abovestep 1 to 3, you can set it again.
12. How to maintain and store the unit
1. Use a dry, soft cloth to clean the unit, if desired, or use
a cloth lightly dampened with tap water.
2. Do not use alcohol, benzene thinner or other harsh chemicals
to clean the device or cuff.
3. Do not wash or wet the cuff.
4. Keep away from direct sunlight, high humidity or dust for storage.
5. Do not subject the monitor to strong shocks, such as dropping
the unit on the floor.
6. Do not submerge the device or any of the components in water.
7. Changes or modification not approved by the manufacturer
will void the user
8. Warranty. Do not disassemble or attempt to repair the unit
Note: When the unit will not be used for a long time, be sure to remove the
batteries. Otherwise, the batteries may leak damage to the unit.
Your QS HEALTH Q-150 Automatic blood pressure monitor , iswarranted to
be free from defects in materials and workmanshipappearing within 2 years
from the date of purchase, when used inaccordance with the instructions
provided with the monitor.
Theabove warranties extend only to the original retail purchaser.To obtain
warranty service contact Customer Service by calling1-786) 519 1206 for
the address of return shipping and handling fee.Enclose the Proof of Purcha-
se. Include a letter, with your name,address, phone number, and description
of the specific problem.
QS HEALTH SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF USE OR ANYOTHER SPE-
CIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAIL OR INDIRECTCOSTS, EXPENSES OR
FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Visit our web site at:
13. LIMITED WARRANTIES
14. TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
Phenomenon Problems Solutions
you press the
2.The polarities of
batteries in the wrong
Replace the batteries
with new ones.
“ Err P ” shown
on LCD display
Fail to inflate 1.Please check the connection on
main unit and cuff. If loosened, then
connect them tightly.
2.Please check if air tube isbroken,
then change it
“ Err 1 ”shown
on LCD display
1.The cuff is loosened.
2.Deflate too fast
1.Fasten the cuff, stant it again.
2.Please send it to service station
“ Err 2 ”shown
on LCD display
1.Movements occur on
around the BPM.
1.Keep still after you press
2.Please remove interfering sources
from Magnetic material or cell phone
“ Err 3 ”shown
on LCD display
1.Take off your watch or cuff
might be placed incorrectly.Please
re-wrap cuff in correct position.
2.You might use it incorrectly, such
as measure blood pressure on child.
• If correct measurement is impossible even after checking the above mentioned
points, consult at the store where you have purchased the unit or the nearest dealer
without touching the internal mechanism.
• In some very rare cases, there may be error due to the physical condition of the
person. In such cases, please consult your doctor.
• If LCD display doesn’t show anything, you may release Battery and install it again.
15. STATE OF HEALTH
Standards for assessment of high blood pressure, without regard tobage,
have been established by theWorld health Organization (WHO), as shown in
the chart below. It will help users to find out their healthsituation. Different
laves shows different color lights.
Grade 1 hypertension
Grade 2 hypertension
Grade 3 hypertension