Successfully reported this slideshow.
Back to the future
Predictions and what came
trueThe date set on the time machine in the film back to the future was 22/10/2015. Which
is a very nearby date for us now, and its interesting to see some of the films predictions
of how the world would be. Some of them were to advanced, like flying cars however
some of them were true.
A payment for a taxi was made using just a thumb print which suggests cashless pay.
We can now pay using websites like Paypal and apps like uber.
There was a hover board in the film, their has very recently been a hover board but they
aren't yet for sale. However we do have swegways which are very similar to hover
boards, and hover boards are probably the next step.
In the film clothing contained electronics like hairdryer's, we don't have the exact same
but we do have clothing which can light up and are in the process of having electronics
In the film people could exfoliate the years off their face (wrinkles) we can't do that but
we can get botox.
The film showed robots that could fuel cars and take videos, which we have either
attempted to make or have.
There was a 3D like film poster in the film, and of course we have 3D films nowadays!
The film suggested flat screen tv's, touch screens and social media for entertainment
which are now huge parts of our lives.
• A teenage boy accidentally travels back to the
past in a time machine created by a mad
scientist. He is stuck there and he has changed
the past by going to the high school his parents
went to.He will never be able to go back to the
future because he wont exist unless he make’s
his parents fall in love in the past so that he can
travel to real time.
• Equilibrium: Marty is in 1985, he spends to long getting ready
and is late for school. He is presented as a typical school boy.
Also when he goes into the wrong time zone (1955) his parents
are at school, which would have been equilibrium for them.
• Disequilibrium: When Marty realises he has changed history as
his mother falls in love with him at school instead of his dad
meaning he has to solve this to be able to go back to the future.
• New equilibrium: Doc brown discovers that the thunderstorms
lightening will generate enough power to get Marty and his time
machine back to the future.
• Back to the future doesn't completely support this theory as there is
actually a very small amount of characters.
• Hero- Marty (main character, makes parents fall in love)
• Dispatcher,donor and father- Doc brown gives the hero a quest to
complete, he realises Marty must get back to the future, he is
wise/clever, he’s much older than Marty making him the father like figure,
he also supplies Marty with the time machine (donor)
• Princess- Marty’s mother
• Helper- Marty’s mum and dad as ultimately they are the ones who save
• Villain- Biff who is a bully towards Martys father (in 1955 and 1985)
• Young vs Old- Marty trying to make his parents fall
in love again to save his existence.
• Man vs Nature- Marty relies on the lightening in the
storm to fuel the time machine.
• Humanity vs Technology- Doc brown and Marty rely
on time machine.