Visit our website at: http://elasticbox.com
Sign up for our free edition: http://elasticbox.com
During his breakout session at Gluecon, Ramiro Berrelleza spoke about the Continuous Deployment scenario ElasticBox uses for internal development purposes and how ElasticBox is used to encapsulate our Jenkins / Puppet based Continuous Deployment scenario so that it can be deployed as an instance at the click of a button.
Additionally, he demonstrated how ElasticBox enables CI/CD, fast, repeatable deployments and the reusability of application infrastructure components to accelerate delivery of applications or features to market.
ElasticBox at Gluecon 2014 | Continuous Delivery and Self Service IT
Engineer and Ops Guy at ElasticBox
● Manage all production deployments, continuous
delivery, testing, and source control :)
● Previously at Microsoft (Azure Team)
● email: email@example.com
● twitter: @rberrelleza
Wait, what does ElasticBox do?
Define, Deploy and Manage Applications on Any Cloud
Choose Boxes from a service
Customize Boxes to fit
Stack Boxes to create any
Align Dev and Ops through Collaboration
What about the enterprise?
What’s the problem we’re solving?
● test env != production
● slow release of features
● lack of oversight
● no sharing of tools or
● I work too hard :(
How did we solve the problem? CI/CD!!!
● Automate tests and builds
● Deploy CD as an instance
that can be replicated and
spun up instantly
● Enable Developers to test
features on replica of
● Move faster without
How Does it Work?
● Production = Master
● Developer forks
● Developer tests code on local machine
● Developer submits pull request
● Pull request triggers tests and build
o Tests Fail => Rinse & Repeat
o Tests Pass
● Build deployed to Staging Instance (production replica)
● Pull Request Merged into Master
● New code promoted to production
Sounds Easy? Not quite...
● Hard to get up and running
Solution = Use ElasticBox :)
● Fragile / Breaks
Solution = Jenkins instance as a Box
● Can still promote bad code
Solution = Commitment to thorough
testing and pushing production ready
code at all times
Getting it right = huge win for Dev/Ops/Biz
● Developers Can Move
faster & reuse tools
● Code makes it to production
● Less time spent on
repetitive tasks (ops)
● Managers are happy