Dental Insurance


Published on

  • Be the first to like this

Dental Insurance

  1. 1. DENTAL INSURANCE<br />By:<br />Carolina Jiménez González<br />Eilyn Matamoros Molina<br />
  2. 2. DENTAL INSURANCE<br />Is an insurance coverage for individuals to protect them against dental costs. It insures against the expense of treatment and care of dental disease and accident to teeth.<br />
  3. 3. The most common types of dental insurance plans are:<br /><ul><li> Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
  4. 4. Dental Health Maintenance Organizations (DHMO)</li></li></ul><li>PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS<br />PPO falls somewhere between an indemnity plan and a dental health maintenance organizations.<br />This plan allows a particular group of patients to receive dental care from a defined panel of dentists.<br />The participating dentist agrees to charge less than usual fees to this specific patient base, providing savings for the plan purchaser.<br />
  5. 5. INDEMNITY PLANS…<br />This type of dental plan pays the dental office on a traditional fee-for-service basis. A monthly premium is paid by the client and/or the employer to an insurance company, which then reimburses the dentist for the services rendered.<br />An insurance company usually pays between 50% - 80% of the dental office (dentist) fees for a covered procedures; the remaining 20% - 50% is paid by the client. Indemnity plans also can limit the amount of services covered within a given year and pay the dentist based on a variety of fee schedules. <br />
  6. 6. DIRECT REIMBURSEMENT PLANS…<br />This is a self-funded benefit plan — not insurance — in which an employer pays for dental care with its own funds, rather than paying premiums to an insurance company or third-party administrator.<br />You, the patient, pay the full amount directly to the dentist, then get a receipt detailing services rendered and the cost, which you show to your employer. The employer reimburses you for part or all of the dental costs, depending on your specific benefits.<br />
  7. 7. DENTAL HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS <br />This type of dental plan provides a comprehensive dental care to enrolled patients through designated provider office (dentist). A Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) is a common example of a capitation plan. <br />The dentist is paid on a per capita (per person) basis rather than for actual treatment provided. Participating dentists receive a fixes monthly fee based on the number of patients assigned to the office.<br />
  8. 8. BENEFITS…<br />Dental insurance is a handy service to have when major problems happen. It gives you instant access to a dental professional that can perform the necessary tasks to improve your dental health. Usually, you can just present your dental insurance card to a dentist office and all of your included benefits will be verified. With dental insurance, you won't have to pay the full cost of a pricey dental procedure. <br />
  9. 9. Thanks!!!<br />