Who am I - what do I do? My name is Emma Hamer, and I’m a change and performance management consultant. What that means, is that I help organizations figure out why they aren’t getting the benefits or the improved performance they expected when they put in a new system. While the technology is often blamed, in fact technology factors in for only about 10% in the successful implementation of a new system; the remaining 90% is about procedural change ( how things get done) and cultural and behavioral change ( who gets things done). I work with the directly impacted users to help them make the adjustments that will enable them to transition successfully to a new situation. I was a tech pubs manager for years and I understand the environment, I am familiar with the challenges, and I’m utterly fascinated by the game-changing aspects of Enterprise Content Management. My fascination comes from my interest in customer-centric communication; I come to CM from a Six Sigma perspective - where all business processes are evaluated and if necessary redesigned to create frictionless interaction with the customer - to anticipate and meet customer expectations. What ERP did for supply chain management and cost control, I believe CMS will do for customer relations. And the organizations with the best personalized customer service will be the ones that can maintain competitive advantage.
Content Management and Change; love it, hate it, master it
CMS and Change: love it. hate it. master it. Scott Abel of TheContentWrangler.com interviews leading performance management consultant Emma Hamer in this one-hour web conversation about content management and the often overlooked topic of change.