1100 South Marietta Parkway • Marietta, Georgia 30060
(678) 382-7274 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Success-driven, hard-working fifth year mechanical engineering student, also minoring in
engineering design graphics, with experience in SolidWorks, event organization, residential
assistantship, and the building of formula 1 racecars for FSAE competitions.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering – May 2017
Kennesaw State University – Marietta Campus, Marietta, Georgia
Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering
RELEVANT COURSE WORK
Ordinary Differential Equations Engineering Graphics II
Heat Transfer w/ Lab Computer-Aided-Engineering
Product Realization Fluid Mechanics w/ Lab
Currently engaged with a team in designing a prosthetic wrist and hand that uses kinetics
of the forearm to create wrist rotation and flexion.
Hardware: Engineering by Design, Technical Writing, Service Oriented, Trained in using
mill lathe, drill press, grinding tools, Steel Cable Tightening and Repair, Steel and
Software: C# programming, Matlab, SolidWorks Design Software & Flow Simulation,,
PSpice Circuit Design, Adobe Photoshop & Flash, HSM Works, GCode for CNC.
Department of Residence Life, Kennesaw State University Marietta, GA
Residence Hall Association Exec. Board June 2015 – June 2016
• Planned and hosted events for residents, created and marketed tactile and digital
advertisements for events hosted, and represented school at regional conferences.
Resident Assistant January 2015 – August 2015
• Planned and hosted events for residents, served needs of residents on short notice basis,
and worked with campus police to prepare incident reports.
• Gave presentations advocating acceptance of individuals identifying as LGBTQIA.
Senior Design Assistantship, Southern Polytechnic State University Marietta, GA
Submersible Observation Drone October 2012 – October 2013
• Fabricated and welded binding rods in order to create a secure and watertight housing
chamber for onboard circuitry and data acquisition equipment.
Motorsports Team, Southern Polytechnic State University Marietta, GA
Cost Reporting Team October 2012 – May 2013
• Provided cost reporting for materials and processes devoted to the construction of
Formula 1 racecar to be presented alongside a master cost report at competitions.
Hope Scholarship June 2012 – May 2016
Goizueta Foundation Scholarship June 2012 – May 2017
Theta Chi Simon Memorial Scholarship August 2015 – May 2016
Theta Chi Fraternity Inc.
SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
Knights of Columbus
Marietta Pizza Company Marietta, GA
Kitchen Shift Lead – Appetizers February 2016 – Present
• Maintain safe and efficient use of fryer and refrigeration equipment.
• Ensure entire kitchen is constantly well stocked on ingredients.
• Coordinate team of four crew members
Chartwell’s Higher Education Dining Services Marietta, GA
Kitchen Supervisor September 2014 – November 2015
• Trained and managed 10 crew members
• Moved materials and equipment between multiple on-campus eateries
• Handled store closing operations
QV Repairs, LLC. Lawrenceville, GA
Apprentice June 2014 - Present
• Used heavy detensioner equipment and strict safety procedures to properly cut tensed
steel cables, as well as repair cables that had worn with age.
• Mixed concrete and built molds for repairing large foundation blocks for homes.
• Learned to sight-read signs of wear and deterioration in concrete as well as steel