• You like to play in water, get wet in rain,You like to play in water, get wet in rain,
didn’t you ?didn’t you ?
• The rain water falls on the land and forms a small
stream. That stream meets a lake and lake meets a
river. In cities the rain water flows through the puddle
aside the road and in turn meets the river.
• The rain water gets percolated in the ground. It flows
through the trenches below the ground. These are called
underground streams. If we dig the lake or well below
the ground , this underground stream’s water gets
collected in it.
At some places on the ground automatically dents
are formed. The rain water gets accumulated in
that. Also the water from surrounding streams,
puddles gets collected in it. This dent where water
is accumulated is called Lake, pond and if it is big it
is called sarovar..
• The water we require daily for drinking, cooking, washing
and also the water required by farmer for agricultural
activities is received from rivers, wells, lakes, ponds. All
rivers ultimately meet the sea. But sea water is salty and
hence cannot be used for cooking, drinking ,cleaning
and agriculture purpose.
• Some of the rain water remains underground between
the cracks in the rocks and the soils. This underground
water can be brought to the
• surface with the help of pumps by digging bore wells.