1) HOW DID YOU DECIDE ON THE GENRE?We decided on the genre by doing audience questionnaires to collect peoples votes of the most popular genre and their specific tastes. We selected a variety people in the age category of our target audience to find out the best possible genre. In fact the highest voted was comedy but after discussion we felt this genre would be very hard to create an amazing teaser trailer for that would be professional enough for the standard of our audience. So we decided on a thriller which we felt we could accomplish well enough to be a great product.
2) WHAT MADE YOU PICK THESE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES? We decided on these two specific actor and actress as they both promote drama and have acted a lot before and we felt their personality and skills stood out enough and were perfect for our roles. They are both down-to-earth and keen to listen and learn. We felt we could rely on them both and they would be nice to work with.
3) WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE?The target audience are citizens aged from 15-25yrs because we feel that the film would capture their interest most through the complex emotional roller coaster of the storyline and the ambitious characters in the film. This being a thriller is a popular genre that have chosen as second most favourite. It can suit both genders because the film has two sides to it. The scary aspects of the film can sometimes acquire a specific taste but we feel it is gripping enough they would be mad to miss out on this one!
4) HOW DOES THE MUSIC CHALLENGE OR FOLLOW CONVENTIONS? The music in our teaser trailer both challenges and follows conventions. For example we have a slow and creepy soundtrack right from the beginning which creates the right atmosphere and tension that the audience should feel. But as we go through the film some slight upbeat soundtracks were used to create a contrast between the tense atmosphere, to a more light and slightly humorous atmosphere so that the audience will feel slightly confused about what is happening next. This is challenging conventions because it should get the audience hooked and confused so that they want to watch more! We have other sounds for the part where character "Gabby" is stalking her boyfriend this then makes the audience realise she is the evil one and something will happen as the tension is building.
5) WHAT AMBITIONS DID YOU HAVE THAT YOU COULDNT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH? Ambitions that we had that we couldnt follow through with was to make the trailer slightly more scary and to make it mess with the audiences minds more. We did not want to make this happen if we could not support it to the correct standards and did not feel like the video wasnt strong enough but we are still happy with the final outcome.