COA/ECSU Office of
Office: AE 135
252-335-0821, ext. 2246
252-473-2264, ext. 240
firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. LuAnn S. Riddick
Deputy Admissions Director
Expand Your Possibilities…
ECSU offers a student-focused,
nurturing environment for
top-quality teaching and learning. Whether
you are at the top of your
high school class, a student who
studies hard but doesn’t make the highest
grades, or an adult making
the decision to earn your bachelor’s
or master’s degree, ECSU offers
exciting opportunities for you to
Elevate Higher and Emerge Stronger.
U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORT RANK, 2014
ECSU ranked #1 in the Top Public Schools Regional Colleges
(South) category and #18 among the nation's Historically Black
Colleges and Universities.
WASHINGTON MONTHLY RANK, 2012 and 2013
Elizabeth City State University ranked #1 among baccalaureate
colleges in Washington Monthly's 2012 and 2013 college rankings.
AIR VIKING I AND II
ECSU celebrated the arrival of Air Viking I (2010) and Air Viking II
(2011), a new, a single engine airplane, which was purchased for
the purpose of training aviation science students.
Points of Pride
Exciting Campus Life
• Student Leadership
• Clubs and organizations
• Career Services
• Computer labs
• Student Health Services
• Student Complex
• Wellness Center
• Lyceum Series
• Greek Life
• NCAA Division II Athletics
• Multicultural Affairs
• Special events
Housing Deposit: $125 Deadline: May 1st
Residence Hall Life
Enjoy meals at Bedell Hall Cafeteria and Checkers 7 days a week!
Stay in Touch!
Stay in-the-know with ECSU news and happenings!
TO SIGN UP FOR OUR MAILING LIST
Elizabeth City State University /ECSUVikings
• SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
ECSU’s Academic Schools
• SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND
• DR. HELEN MARSHALL CALDWELL
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND
• Geology & Physics
• H. G. Cooke Department of Biology
and Marine Environmental Science
• History and Political Science
• Language, Literature and
• Mathematics and Computer Science
• Pharmacy and Health Professions
• Social Sciences
School of Arts & Sciences
• Business Administration
The Walter R. Davis School of Business and
Economics provides students with rigorous,
relevant and transformational business
The school is committed to maintaining a
challenging environment and impacting
northeastern North Carolina.
Walter R. Davis School of Business and
Economics is accredited by the AACSB
International- The Association to Advance
Collegiate Schools of Business.
School of Business and
• Health and Physical Education
Dr. Helen Marshall Caldwell
School of Education and
The School of Education and
Psychology's educator preparation
programs are committed to preparing
educators who have the knowledge,
skills and dispositions to be reflective
practitioners, competent evaluators,
advocators of diversity, effective
facilitators and critical thinkers.
• Students who have been enrolled for credit
at another college or university are
considered transfer students.
• Courses to be transferred must be
equivalent to the respective courses in
degree programs at ECSU.
• Courses graded less than a "C" will not be
accepted for transfer credit.
ECSU Transfer Admission
• Once you have graduated with your Associates of Arts degree,
submit an ECSU application to COA/ECSU Office of Transfer
• Submit all prior college and/or university official transcripts for
evaluation of transfer credits. Copies of transcripts are not
accepted for evaluation and official acceptance to ECSU.
• You must have an overall 2.0 GPA.
• Submit the required $30.00 application fee payable to ECSU.
• A criminal background check may be required.
• The Office of Admissions will send you a letter of acceptance if you
meet the admittance requirements.
• Complete the Student Health Immunization Form
How to Apply
The UNC Campus Scholarship
awards students $100 - $3,800
to cover tuition, fees, books, and on-
campus room and board for the fall
and spring semesters. This
scholarship is renewable for one
Elizabeth City State University
UNC Campus Scholarship
for Transfer Students
To Be Eligible
• Transfer students must be North Carolina
• Earn an Associate of Arts (AA), Associates of
Science (AS), or Associate of Fine Arts (AFA)
from a community/junior college in North Carolina
with a cumulative college grade point average of
2.5 or higher.
• Apply for federal aid by completing the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA)
each year. The application can be completed
online at www.fafsa.edu.gov. Our school code is
To Remain Eligible
1. Transfer students must earn 30 credit hours each academic year.
2. Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the end of their first semester
Transfer Student Orientation
• Meet the Student Affairs Staff and Transfer Advisor
• Receive your transfer credit evaluation document/General
• Meet with your departmental advisor. Make certain you receive
your curriculum guideline check sheet for your major and review
your course of study.
• Register for classes
• Finalize your financial aid and scholarship awards package
• Pay your tuition and fees and get validated through the Student
• Purchase and/or rent your textbooks and supplies
• Purchase official parking decal
• Secure your official student I.D.