EFFECTIVE BULLYING PREVENTION PROGRAMS AND RESOURCES
• Does my school have an issue with bullying? Have I assessed my campus?
Bullying Prevention Programs:
• How to chose a good program, who OWNS it, is there a plan, is it effective?
Components (The Village)
• School Administrators, Teachers
• Resource Officers Staff
• Implement a School Wide/Year Long program
• Know the extent of the problem at your site
• Know common targets
• Have policies and protocols in place
• Train Administration, Teachers, Resource Officers, Staff and Subs
• Focus on integrating anti bullying message, inclusion and bystander education in elementary school
Sample Bullying Prevention Program – C.O.R.E. – Sylvia Stowers, School Counselor
• Have objective markers in place
• Get all staff involved
• Have plan for year long implementation
• Measure success
• Why is staff buy-in so important and what are some ways to obtain it?
• What are some common pitfalls to avoid?
• How can my school site become an emotionally safe place for staff, families and students?
Resources for School Safety:
Keenan’s P & C Bridge
School Safety Center
Kathy Espinoza, Keenan & Associates
School Safety Center, P & C Bridge
License # 0451271
Sylvia Stowers, Stowers & Associates
C.O.R.E. Bullying Prevention Program
Innovative Solutions. Enduring Principles.