U N I T P L A N
D U S T I N M U N C Y
ANALYZE THE LEARNER
• General: 4th Grade, 24 students(14 boys, 10 girls), 17 Caucasian, 4 African
American, 3 Latino. 4 children have ADHD.
• Learning Competencies: Students should have an understanding of
• Learning Styles: Several students learn through interactive work.
• Students will differentiate between the different types of book genres by
reading different types of books, going to the library, watching videos,
and participating in an interactive chart by the end of the week with
100% of accuracy.
DAY BY DAY
• 1. Students will learn what a genre is and what distinctions each genre has.
• 2. The different types of genres will be read in class and examples of each will
• 3. Students will go to the library and be asked to pick out a certain type of
• 4. An interactive chart will be placed on the board and students will be asked
to put which book goes into each category.
• 5. Students will watch a informational video that explains the differences
between each genre.
USE OF TECHNOLOGY
• The videos will be on YouTube and be appropriate for the subject being
• The materials for the interactive chart will be laid out and be magnetized
to the board.
• Students will go to the school’s library to see how each genre is
• Books will be provided in class.
• Looking at science fiction https://youtu.be/nrusqQ5JftA
• Looking at fantasy https://youtu.be/n_cqszvdTqk
• Different traits of different genres http://www.ereadingworksheets.com/genre/