Encourage Your Infant’s Development
Dr. Lori Gore-Green, DO
5 Tips to Encourage Your Child’s
• The medical community has not had enough time
to properly study the effects of screen time and
• Therefore the AAP recommends that those under 2
y.o. don’t spend time with screen devices
• Read to your infant. Show your infant the pictures,
make sure to hold eye contact and play to make it
an enjoyable experience.
1. Read to Your Infant
• Talk with your infant (baby talk
or not)…a lot.
2. Talk to Your Infant
• Play with toys intended for
newborns to three year olds.
Mirrors are often fun for
3. Play With Toys
• Take your child for a walk or
4. Go Outside
• Classic games like; peek-a-
boo, mommy see mommy do,
patty cake, where’s your
nose?, nursery rhymes, baby
has a ball etc all contribute to
the development of an infant,
particularly in their ﬁrst year.
5. Play Classic Games
FOR MORE INFO VISIT: