Be the first to like this
Outline of the Policy
I. Introduction: Youth In Development; Who are Youth
II. Challenges and Opportunity: A Global Snapshot
III. Goals and Objectives; Applying Selectivity
IV. Achieving Objective 1: Framework and Principles
V. Achieving Objective 2: Tactics to Mainstream and Integrate
VI. Agency Roles and Coordination
VII.Conclusion and Annexes
Challenges and Opportunities in Youth
• Realizing a Demographic Dividend
• Youth Economic Opportunity
• Youth Learning
• Youth Health
• Youth and Peace and Security
USAID will improve the capacities and enable the aspirations of youth so that they can contribute to and benefit from more stable, democratic, and prosperous communities and nations.
1. Strengthen youth programming, participation and partnership in support of Agency development objectives.
2. Mainstream and integrate youth issues and engage young people across Agency initiatives and operations.
Outcomes among Youth
• Youth are better able to access economic and social opportunities, share in economic growth, live healthy lives, and contribute to household, community, and national well-being.
• Youth are empowered to participate in building peaceful and democratic societies and are less involved in youth gangs, criminal networks, and insurgent organizations.
• Youth have a stronger voice in, and are better served by, local and national institutions, with more robust and youth-friendly policies.
Achieving Objective One:
Conceptual Framework Support Meeting basic youth developmental needs and valuing their contributions Protect Preventing and responding to violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect; and ensuring young people are safe and cared for Prepare Building youth competencies and skills needed to become informed, healthy and productive citizens Engage Creating channels for dialogue and participation to enable youth to contribute to their own and their communities’ development