How do you spend your time?
• School work
• Social life
The benefits of TM
• Helps you get the most out of your
• Better prepared for the demands of your
• Helps set realistic and manageable goals
• Helps you to achieve a more balanced life
• Helps you to be more productive
• Encourages a positive mind set
Poor TM leads too.....
• Handing in work late
• Submitting work that is not up
to your usual standard
• Forgetting commitments
• Finding that you often don’t have enough time
to complete a task
• Making excuses for why work is not done
• Having to let go of activities you enjoy
because of a lack of time or low grades
2 Tips for TM
1) Devise a Weekly Schedule!
to be able to provide a structure for the
week that can be refined in your days
2) Write a To-Do List each day!
to provide an overview how you will be
spending your 1440 minutes
Time management is a skill that must
be worked on
• Exercise 1
• Analyze how your time is spent
• Make a list of every activity you have been involved in
since this time yesterday. For each activity you list,
estimate the amount of time you spent on that activity.
• When you add up your estimated times, you should
have close to 24 hours
• Are you happy with how you spent your time?
Your Future is What You Make It
“The best thing
about the future is
that it only comes
one day at a time.” --