I would like to introduce Elara, which is a centralized storage solution for building a huge container-based cloud platform and it can work as a Docker volume plugin.
Elara can work with openstack (Cinder, Manila, Swift) and storages such as SAN and NAS, it has several advantages:
- No central control node (Decentralized)
- Microservice architecture
- Supports Docker volume plugin with extended volume operations (snapshot, migration, QoS etc.)
- Supports different kinds of backend storage including block device, filesystem storage and object storage
- Supports storage resource scheduler (storage pools)
- Easy to install and use