Livestream, formerly known as Mogulus, is a live streaming videoplatform that allows users to view and broadcast video content using acamera and a computer through the internet. It offers a free ad-supported service and multi-tiered premium services.
• Livestream was cofounded in 2007 by Max Haot, Dayananda Nanjundappa, Phil Worthington, and Mark Kornfilt, and has offices in New York, Los Angeles and Bangalore. It launched with a free streaming service, and introduced its white label “pro” service in April 2008 with Gannett Newspapers as its first customer. In July 2008, Gannett invested in Livestream with $10 million in funding. In May 2009, Mogulus re-branded as Livestream.
• Livestream is both a virtual television studio and embeddable video player, offering users the opportunity to produce and broadcast Web video in the manner of a television network. Users can stream live video or broadcast pre-recorded video in their channels, utilizing multiple cameras and on-screen graphics. Users may also collaborate with other producers anywhere in the world.
• Livestream is used to broadcast Facebook live announcements and interviews, the official live streaming channel from the Facebook headquarters in Palo Alto.
Livestream released Twitcam which allows users tobroadcast live streaming video using their Twitter account.When someone replies to a tweet that includes the link tothe show, Twitcam counts it as a reply.It then compilesthese in a single place where everyone watching thebroadcast can see the entire corresponding conversation.Broadcasts using Twitcam are saved with a unique
• Livestream is the market leader for live event coverage. With simple to use technology, our service allows anyone to broadcast live to the web, as well as being the top destination for live content from around the world. Our clients include Facebook, The New York Times, ABC News, CBS News, Associated Press, HBO, AT&T, PepsiCo, Electronic Arts, Adidas, The Academy Awards, Warner Bros. Records, and Paramount Pictures.• Livestream operates with over 120 full-time staff members in 5 offices—in New York (headquarters), Los Angeles, Bangalore, Sao Paulo, and the Ukraine. The service is available for free (advertising-supported) or as a feature- rich, monetizable, premium service for business.
• The New Livestream is an innovative new platform that combines live video with real-time photos, text, and video clip updates. The technology supports live blogging all executed with ease using the real-time posting tools from both mobile and the web. Features on the New Livestream include an improved video player and an array of new tools that allow more people to discover your event, interact with it and share it across the web.