Interesting Facts about Facebook !!!
Google is looking over its shoulder as Facebook grows at over 10 million
users a month and sits currently at number two on web traffic rankings
according to Alexa.com. Last year Facebook surpassed Google for the top
ranking for total time spent online. Facebook has also become the 3rd
largest video website with 46.6 million viewers sitting behind number
one ranked video content property provider Google with its YouTube site
and Yahoo at second ranking. So let us look about Some amazing facts
about Facebook :
1. Named after a Harvard student directory that included student photos
and profiles, Facebook was originally called “thefacebook” and was
limited to only Harvard students. In 2005, the site was renamed
2. Facebook was almost shut down by a lawsuit by ConnectU who
claimed that Zuckerburg stole the idea and Technology for Facebook (the
issue was settled out of court)
3. People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
4. Both citizens and police departments are increasingly using Facebook
to catch suspected criminals.
thefacebook.com ~ Facebook when founded look like this !!!
5. Facebook has more than One billion active users
6. About 600 million People are using the Facebook in Mobile Devices
7.United States is the Country Having most Facebook Users in the world
around 166 million Members
8. Facebook has 3,976 Employees as of June 30, and still trying to Hire
more and more
9.The "Social Network " Movie based on the Facebook had won Four
10.The Median Age of the Facebook is Age 26 in 2008, 19 in 2006.Now it
was exactly 22.
11. One of the Co-Founder of Facebook Chris Hughes Served as an Online
Organiszng Director for Barac Obama Presidential Campaign.
Mark Zuckerberg - Founder of Facebook !!
12. An Average Woman Update their Status 21 times per month, where
Men is Just Six times.
13. About 250 Million Photos are Uploaded to the Facebook site daily.
14. About 95% of US online consumers have Facebook accounts, where
their Twitter is Just 62%.
15. Syria, China, Vietnam, and Iran have banned Facebook.
16.. The first person to invest in Facebook was the cofounder of PayPal,
Peter Thiel, who invested $500,000 in June 2004
17. There are more than 800,000 developers building applications for
18. Al Pacino’s face was on the original Facebook homepage
19. One early Facebook function was a file sharing service
20. Facebook is now valued at approximately $80 billion
21.It is the second biggest website by traffic behind Google (at the
Facebook Logo !!!
22. There is over 16,000,000 Facebook fan pages
23. Texas Hold’em Poker is the most popular Facebook page with over 41
24. Iceland used Facebook to rewrite its constitution!
25. Adding the number 4 to the end of Facebook’s URL will automatically
direct you to Mark Zuckerberg’s wall.
26. Facebook pays $500 to anyone who can hack into it!.