Bank Account Management - Creation of new bank account request
S/4 HANA Cash Management - Bank Account Management
Scenario: Create Bank Account
With Bank Account Management, cashmanagers andbankaccountants can centralize the management of bankaccounts using
bank account master data, a table view of banks andbankaccounts, workflow processes(for opening, changing or closing bank
accounts), and workflow processes for periodic review of master data.
This document provides a detailed procedure for testing the scope item after solution deployment, reflecting the predefined
scope of the solution. Eachprocess stepis covered in its own section, providing the system interactions (that is, test steps)ina
table view. Steps that are not inscope of the processbut are neededfor testing are marked accordingly Inorder to proceed, we
need to confirm if the basic Customizing for the workflow has been completed. We can review the on - premise workflow
configuration with the below provided path or T-code (SWU3).
BAM Standard workflow delivery
Request Approve Open in the Bank IT Configuration
- Cash Manager
- Bank Accountant
IMG - SAPNetWeaver - ApplicationServe - BusinessManagement SAPBusiness Workflow - MaintainStandardSettings
Please refer to the following procedures inorder to create a bankaccount.
1. Create Bank Account Request
- Log on to the SAPFiori Launchpadas a CashManagement Specialist.
specialist requests to
open a new bank
Cash Manager reviews
the requestand decide
to approveor reject the
on the contract and gets
the bank account
with all details.
Key user makes the
in the system.
- Access the Fiori App
Click Open Manage Bank Accounts
- Create a newBankAccount
Choose New Bank Account
- MaintainGeneral Data ofNew BankAccount inGeneral data and Additional data tabs
Note:* are the mandatoryfields that needto be maintained bythe user
- Submit Request to Create Bank Account
Choose Save andSubmit and click onSubmit along with anynote when the SendRequest dialog box appears.
The request to create a bankaccount is sent to the CashManager automatically. The CashManager shouldthen
approve or reject the request.
2. My Sent Requests
This stepdescribes how to check the status of the bankopeningrequest created bya CashManagement Specialist.
At different stages duringthe lifecycle of a change request, your request mayhave different tab locations under My
Sent Requests. The All tab contains all requests created byyou, regardless of the status.
- Log on to the SAPFiori Launchpadas a CashManagement Specialist andopen My Sent Requests.
- Choose Tab ToBe Approved
We can findthe request we created and click it to check the detailedinformationina new window.
3. Approve Bank Account Request
Before movingforward, assign the logonusers with the Cash Manager rule for correspondingactions usingthe
sectionon Define Responsibilities for RulesUsedin WorkflowSteps.
- Log on to the SAPFiori Launchpad as a CashManager andopen My Bank Account Worklist
- Choose the Requests for Approval tab
- Choose the request for approval and click onApprove whenthe screenappears.
- Enter a note andChoose Approve
4. The bank accountant (CashManagement Specialist) goesto the bankandopens a new bankaccount inthis bank. This
step does not occur inthe system.
5. Manage Banks
The purpose of this stepis to create a bank keythat doesnot exist in productionsystem.
- Log on to the SAPFiori Launchpadas a CashManagement Specialist andOpenManage Banks.
- Create Bank
- Once the screenappears, make the entries for General Data suchas Bank Country, BankKey, BankName, SWIFT/BIC,
Cityand Rating. Choose Save
This newbank willshow upinBank Hierarchyviewof appManage BankAccounts.
6. Confirm Bank Account Request
The bank accountant (CashManagement Specialist) confirms the new bank account that hasbeen created at the bank side
and maintains the additional data for this newbank account.
- Log on as a CashManagement Specialist and openMyBankAccount Worklist
- Make AdditionalGeneral data inGeneral data tab (Opening Date, Bank Country, BankkeyandAccount Number)
- Generate IBAN:We canskipthis step, ifthe countryis not using IBAN.
- MaintainContact details for InternalContact persons andBankAccount Supervisor
- Maintaincontact details for Bank Contact persons
Choose New buttonnear the contact field
Enter the first andlast name
- Choose Payment Signatories Tab
Click Add and make the entries for SignatoryGroup, Signatory, Currency, Max. Amount per document andBatch
- Choose Overdraft TabandmaintainOverdraft limits for the account to be created
- Choose Confirm
7. Manage House Banks
In case we have openeda new bankaccount inan existing house bank inthe system, we can skip this step.
This stepwill be performedinthe development, consolidationtest and productionsystemsince house banks are master
data in the S/4 HANA system.
- Log on to the SAPFiori Launchpadas a keyuser andopen Manage Banks
- Choose the bank keycreatedinstep Manage Banks
- Choose Edit and choose the addbuttoninthe House Banks (0) area.
- Make the entries for CompanyCode and House Bank onthe Create House Bank screen. Click Save
8. Bank Account Final Confirmation
- Log on to the Fiori Launchpad as a keyuser and OpenMyBankAccount Worklist.
- Choose the request to be confirmed
- Choose the ConnectivityPath Tab andclickonAdd
- Make the entries for IDCategory, CompanyCode, House Bank, ValidTo andValid From alongwith the House Bank
Account data. Confirm the request, once completed
9. Once confirmedthe user canviewthe createdBankAccount in Manage Bank Accounts.