Das Projekt „ADEQUATe“ wird im Rahmen des FTI - Programms „IKT der Zukunft“ durch das Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und
Technologie gefördert und von der Österreichischen Forschungsförderungsgesellschaft abgewickelt [Projektnummer: 849982].
1. Introduction ADEQUATe, Martin (SWC) -5'
2. The ADEQUATe Platform, Tom/Lorinc (DUK) -10'
3. AD Services, Sebastian (WU) - 5'
4. Odalic, Tomas (SWC) - 5'
5. Outlook & summary (Q&A), Martin -5'
What is ?
ADEQUATe Open Data: Analytics & Data Enrichment to improve
the QUAliTy of Open Data builds on two observations:
An increasing amount of Open Data becomes available as an important resource for emerging businesses and further
on the integration of such open, freely re-usable data sources into organisations’ data warehouse and data management
systems is seen as a key success factor for competitive advantages in a data-driven economy.
The project now identifies crucial issues which have to be tackled to fully exploit the value of open data and the efficient
integration with other data sources:
● the overall quality issues with metadata and the data itself
● the lack of interoperability between data sources
The project's approach is to address this points already in an early stage – when the open data is freshly provided by either
governmental organisations or others.
What is ?
✓ 3 Partners:
1. Semantic Web Company
2. Danube University Krems
3. University of Economics Vienna
✓ 33 months project duration, Oct. 2015 - June 2018
✓ 2 Use Case Partners: data.gv.at & opendataportal.at
✓ Objective: Improvement of Data Quality through:
○ Quality Assessment and Monitoring
○ Automatic Algorithms
○ Making use of Linked Data principles
○ Improvements of the data by the user (community)
Das ADEQUATe Framework
● Core Components
1. Data monitoring
2. Knowledge Vault
3. Quality Assessment
4. Quality Improvement
5. Data Linkage
6. Community Improvement
7. UI, API & User authentication
Orchestration / API
Authentication / Load Balancing /
UI Public API catalog
Outlook & Timing of Results
Evaluation, Refinements, Improvements
Quality improvements Use case connection
Quality monitoring framework Data linkage
Quality metrics Requirements
Concrete Outputs & Outlook
✓ End of June 2016: Specification
○ State of the Art
○ Requirements Elicitation
○ Quality Metrics
✓ End of 2016: Architecture
○ Architecture Blueprint
○ All components specified
✓ Mid of 2017: ADEQUATe Components in place
○ Assessment & Monitoring Framework (Portalwatch)
○ Data Quality Algorithms & Tools (AD Services)
○ Linked Data Mechanisms (Odalic)
○ 1st set of user driven Mechanisms (GitLab features)
✓ End of 2017: AD Platform in place & dock onto Open Data Catalogues
○ AD Platform Beta in place: 14.12.2017
○ AD Integration (button) into ODP - done
○ AD Integration into data.gv.at: early 2018
✓ Mid of 2018: Final AD Platform in place, tested & improved
Semantic Web Company (SWC)
Danube University Krems
Vienna Univ. of Economics and Business
Slides published under CC-BY 4.0 Austria
email@example.com@semantic-web.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com