Scottish MozFest Fringe event 2015.
Slides from a day of learning, making and creating in Glasgow.
DigitalMe helps organisations to communicate the skills they need and people to evidence the skills they have using Open Badges. We invite you to join the DigitalMe Open Badge consultants for a day of designing, creating and connecting Open Badges.
This free event, which is a fringe activity for the pathway DigitalMe are leading at MozFest this year, will introduce Open Badges, and provide hands-on activities to design badges that are of value. During the event, you will be able to use our new online tool and mobile app to create and issue badges.
A key aim of the Scottish Government’s Youth Employment Strategy, Developing the Young Workforce is to build bridges between education, business and industry and the current Enhancement Theme for the Quality Assurance Authority for Higher Education (QAA) is Student Transitions into, during and out of university. Hear case studies of how Open Badges can be used to bridge transitions and engage in activities to create badge pathways connecting learners to destination points such as learning opportunities or employment.
Outcomes of the event:
- Learn what Open Badges are and how they can communicate the skills your organisation needs or evidence the skills you have
- Learn how to design the data to create a badge of value
- Learn how to create and issue a badge using a website and mobile app
- Learn how to create badge pathways to learning or employment opportunities
- Learn how badges can support transitions and act as bridges between education and employment