ZMOT + Content Marketing = Real Value to Brands by Nick Garner

400 views

Published on

Presentation delivered at the Digital Marketing Show 2013 (www.digitalmarketingshow.co.uk)

0 Comments
4 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
400
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
84
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
9
Comments
0
Likes
4
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

ZMOT + Content Marketing = Real Value to Brands by Nick Garner

  1. 1. ZMOT + Content Marketing = Real Value To Brands. Nick Garner CEO 90 Digital
  2. 2. What is influence? “A power affecting a person, thing, or course of events, especially one that operates without any direct or apparent effort”
  3. 3. An equation for online influence Right: Content | Time | Place | Source = Trust & Influence
  4. 4. What if you could steer influence easily?
  5. 5. Influence is everywhere...not really
  6. 6. Social = lots of time
  7. 7. People don't usually buy directly because of social.
  8. 8. And the Quarterly ARPU proves this Average Revenue Per User Q2 2013
  9. 9. Imagine if people ask: ‘I need answers to my buying questions’
  10. 10. Trust across media Below is the Edelman ‘trust barometer’. In the developed world, social media is about half as trusted as Search results. And search results are nearly as trusted as traditional media. Search gives you information you trust, when you ask for it.
  11. 11. Search + trust 66% of users think search engines are fair and unbiased Source: Pew Internet | http://pewinternet.org/~/media/Files/Reports/2012/PIP_Search_Engine_Use_2012.pdf
  12. 12. Search + trust II 73% of users think search engine results are very / reasonably trustworthy Source: Pew Internet | http://pewinternet.org/~/media/Files/Reports/2012/PIP_Search_Engine_Use_2012.pdf
  13. 13. Trust in search has affected buyer behaviour We now use Google to ask buyer questions: ● ● ● ● reviews analysis trusted opinions detail
  14. 14. So do people ask ‘consideration’ questions on Google? Google wanted the answer, so they commissioned Shopper Science to investigate and make sense of online ‘consideration’ behaviour. 5,000 panellists were used. (that is 5,000 people below) 5,000
  15. 15. The results were very interesting Google found searching online for ‘shopper information’ was as popular as asking friends and family for buying advice. Google group these information sources as ‘Zero Moment Of Truth’ (odd name I know)
  16. 16. Users touch lots of information sources when in ‘consideration’ On average users look at 10.4 sources of information, mostly online before buying. And the percentage of people influenced by ZMOT by sector ranges from 61% (Grocery) to 99% (Travel) Category: Sector Sources: No. of different sources of info i. e. Amazon, a blog and so on % ZMOT: People mainly using online sources
  17. 17. ZMOT influence heatmaps
  18. 18. Hands up if you are a Google user?
  19. 19. Every one of you is worth... £25.02 … to Google
  20. 20. Google makes money. People trust it for buying answers. ARPU Q2 2013
  21. 21. And most clicks are not ads... PPC only accounts for about 7% of clicks. The other 93% of clicks go to natural search. http://www.smartinsights.com/search-engine-optimisation-seo/seo-analytics/comparison-of-google-clickthrough-rates-by-position/
  22. 22. Keywords are mostly questions, or implied questions. BRAND AWARENESS phones long battery life smartphone reviews iphone battery life galaxy note 4 battery life phones removable batteries galaxy 4 prices galaxy 4 spare battery Cart
  23. 23. Now what? Consideration is asking questions. As a brand, answer those questions. Why should I buy your [product/service] ? ?
  24. 24. Your No1 consideration phrase... BRAND
  25. 25. 306% CTR on Brand SERPS using Google WMT data If you think of a brand query as a ‘consideration question’, then the CTR rates make sense because people jump around looking at results to help them answer those questions. http://moz.com/ugc/click-through-rates-in-google-serps-for-different-types-of-queries
  26. 26. Creme de la Mer
  27. 27. Nivea Creme
  28. 28. Searches/M : Nivea Creme 14,800 | Creme de la Mer 27,100
  29. 29. Phrase mentions over time
  30. 30. Recap Positively Influence consideration and you will: ● ● ● sell stuff build reputation improve WOM
  31. 31. Download the Free Content Marketing eBook: Rethink Your Content Marketing With more than 200 pages and chapters from over 30 contributors, this must-have eBook explains how content marketing is changing the PR, Search and Social Landscape. http://90digital.com/blog

×