The Currency of Google
By 1 Internet Marketing
* Links are still important. (Very Important!)
* Quality over Quantity
* Social Signals = Links
* Links are like Votes or References
* Think of a Master Thesis being very credible
if all its information is referenced.
* Think of a Politician being very popular if
they have many votes.
* Google wants to supply the searcher with the
best possible results, or they’ll use Bing!
* The best is determined by many factors
* Most important is links
* Get Links = Get Ranked
* Not all links are equal
* Every new page starts with a small amount of
* Page rank can be passed to other pages as
well as from other pages.
* High Authority pages/sites have High Page
Rank and can pass more page rank.
* Creditability (Trust) - Local directory
sites, local tv, local newspaper and
publications sites, etc..
* Relevancy (Authority) – Industry specific
sites, directories, publications and news
* Freshness (popularity) – Social media
likes, shares, tweets, +1s, your blogs/news
likes, shares tweets, +1s, others blogs/news
that link to your sites
likes, shares, tweets, +1s.
* Domain.com starts with the most PR and
should be the first page you build links for.
* Domain.com should be a hub page that links
to your sites most relevant topics or areas of
interest. Theses should be sub hubs.
* The topic sub hubs should then link to ALL
relevant info and pages within the topic.
* Low Hanging Fruit
* Industry sites
* Local sites
* Friends sites
* Email webmasters/editors
* Build link worthy content
* Do something news worthy (Run contest, etc)
* Build a Community
* Build Brand advocates
* Empower advocates to link, share
* Build lists to share link worthy content with
* Sponsor stuff, donate, build positive PR
* Check competition for ideas
* Stay relevant , plan ahead 3+ months