Startup, product/service launch, migration content = video, text, images, etc… promote a blog, product, a service, a brand traffic, conversions, etc...
Social media is a key ingredient of our everyday life from Facebook and Twitter to Groupon, Living Social, blogging, and more. This infographic examines the social media effect and flows through some common social media paths. - See more at: http://visual.ly/social-media-effect#sthash.HnLOE21l.dpuf
Two decades ago an essay by Bill Gates in 1996 “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting.” http://www.craigbailey.net/content-is-king-by-bill-gates/ Users know good content when they see it and will likely want to direct other users to it. This could be through blog posts, social media services, email, forums, or other means. http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.co.uk/en/uk/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf
If Content is King then Context is Queen They say seeing is believing, this is a small proof of concept for me Organic or word-of-mouth buzz is what helps build your site 145 visits 30th Nov 400 visits 28th Dec 600 visits 18th Jan - Is my blog coping? do I need to move it to the cloud? On average used to get about 10 users per day! Takeaways: Content is well and truly king Timing matters Title matters Simplified content appeal to a wider audience The power of social & the social effect is real, although on a smaller scale Do I need to scale up? may be move to the cloud?
Datacentres, piggyback, if Google goes down, must be really big
Cloud Service Models, PaaS is what Snapchat & Khan Academy use. Google AppEngine, Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku Provider sends in minions to scale up the service Complains about vendor lock-in. Managed VM solves the problem
Omer Dawelbeit - "Cloud and Social Are All You Need To Go Big"
Cloud And Social Are All
You Need To Go Big
Omer Dawelbeit | @omerio | +OmerDawelbeit
• Non-profit educational organization
• 10 million unique users / month
• 300+ million lessons, 5000+ videos
• Launched Computer Science 2012
• Twitter, Venturebeat, Techcrunch,
Wired, Forbes, CBS 60 Minutes, ...
• Photo & video messaging app
• Founded 2011 by 3 Stanford students
• Most popular social app among millennials
• 100 million active users / day
• 8,796 photos shared / second
• 7 billion video views / day
• Valuation $10 - $20 billion
• On demand access to computing resources
• Networks, servers, storage, etc...
• Provisioned and released rapidly (Elasticity)
• No upfront investment
• Anything as a Service
• Pay per use (Utility Billing)
Where the Cloud Lives