Denis Kondopolous talks at Digital Henley #5 on Wednesday 20th July regarding personalisation and how you can utilise various sources of customer data to really tailor your marketing and sales processes online and offline.
Denis Kondopoulos: Increasing Sales Using Data & Personalisation
INCREASING SALES USING DATA
(MBA MBCS CITP CEng CIM)
• Increasing sales via use of data
• Based on a real example:
– La Veranda Resort (Accor Hotels)
– The Routledge Handbook of
• Technical project manager and digital marketing specialist with 20+ years of
experience in a variety of sectors and countries.
• Officially a Project Manager, but in reality a hybrid of management, technology
• Author (Books, Publications) and Speaker on Technology / Digital Marketing
• Speaker at Google campus London
• Academic Author and Visiting lecturer at university of Brighton,
Derby, and Oxford Brookes
• Chartered IT Professional ▪ Chartered Engineer
• Chartered Marketer ▪ Google Certified (Search, Mobile, Video, Display, Shopping)
Goal: Bookings and/or Enquiries
Method: Target visitors and entice them to
return to the site, via the use of personalised
Problem: Initially we do not know much about the
user. How do we personalise?
• Mark user entry
• Track user journey
• Some visitor information may be captured, but all
data are in different systems
• Create “hub” which combines all collected data
and manages personalised remarketing
1. Website marks/tracks visitor
2. Uses Google Analytics API to track user journey, including goals
(eg. enquiries, bookings)
3. If users signs up for newsletter the hotel knows the
CustomerType (eg. family, single, couple, etc)
4. A business-logic layout would analyse the above information, and
depending on the user actions and customer type, a personalised
email (with a special offer relevant to this type of customer)
would be sent to the customer to entice him to book.
5. The extra mile: Upon user re-action to the personalised email, a
remarketing campaign would then be initiated on social media
(facebook) to re-market the offering to this particular user.
• Personalised Email Remarketing
• ReMarketing (Search and Social)
Have not been allowed to share figures, but:
• Bounce rate, upon re-entry < 45%
• User journey, upon re-entry: 3min+
• Occupancy rate at 97% for several months.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org