Consensus, provenance, immutability, finality
same as before
visibility; transactions are
secure, authenticated &
Business terms embedded
in transaction database &
executed with transactions
All parties agree to
system of record shared
across business network
Broader participation, lower cost, increased efficiency
. . is Blockchain for Business ?
. . IOT and Blockchain
. . Linux Foundation and Hyperledger
▪ Linux Foundation - announced 17th
▪ New Hyperledger project to transform the way business
transactions are conducted around the world
▪ Project members understand that an open source, collaborative
development strategy supporting multiple players in multiple
industries is required
Enable adoption of shared ledger technology at a pace and depth not
achievable by any one company or industry
Why the Linux Foundation?
▪ Home to the worlds most successful open source projects: Linux, Node.js, Cloud Foundry,
▪ LF projects power Google, Amazon, Facebook and more; power next generation UAV’s, are
connecting the Internet of Things, and securing internet communications.
▪ Linux Foundation projects have produced over $15 billion worth of code.
▪ Linux Foundation hosts 600 member companies collaborating across dozens of projects.
▪ The Linux Foundation host over 88 of the most important developer events around the
globe which are consistently sold out with over 20,000 attendees globally.
▪ Host to the most popular EdX open source curriculum with 400,000 students taking just
ONE of our many online courses.
▪ We have provided millions of dollars of grants to developers to work full time on critical open
source projects: Security critical infrastructure, Linux, accessibility.
Collaborative Project X Hyperledger Project … other projects
End User Technical
Technical Advisory Board
How to Get Involved Now
▪ Join the technical community (open to anyone)
• Mailing lists, weekly TSC call
▪ Consider what role you want to play on the Foundation
• Sponsorship level
• Participation in business decisions (marketing, legal, budget, etc.)
• Participation in steering and technical committees (engage through
developers/architects in the community)
• Projects leadership, proposing code projects, or helping on others
. . are Blockchain technologies ?
. . IOT and Blockchin
. . Blockchain and Hyperledger
The massive explosion computing continues…
Power in the IoT will shift from the center to the edge
Devices will compete and trade autonomously in real-time
Connectivity and intelligence will be a means to better
products and experiences, not an end
▪ Networking and remote
usage will become
▪ Tomorrow’s smart
appliances will create value
by applying intelligence and
network connectivity to
improve the CORE value
proposition of the device
Make it better