• Rise of AR & VR Technology
• What is AR ?
• Applications of AR
• What is VR ?
• Applications of VR
• Pros and Cons of AR-VR
• Future of AR & VR
RISE OF AR & VR TECHNOLOGY
• The history of virtual reality and augmented reality technology goes back to
1838, when Charles Wheatstone created his stereoscope, which superimposed
an image over each of the user’s eyes, thus creating a distant 3D image.
• Over the years, Edwin Link’s flight simulator, Morton Heilig’s telesphere mask,
Ivan Sutherland’s “Sword of Damocles” VR headset and many more inventions
contributed to the cutting-edge technology we recognize today.
• In Jabil's Augmented and Virtual Reality Technology Trends Survey, technology
and business stakeholders indicated that consumer use of AR/VR will see
WHAT IS AR ?
• Augmented reality (AR) is an enhanced version of the real physical world that is achieved
through the use of digital visual elements, sound, or other sensory stimuli and delivered via
• It is used to either visually change natural environments in some way or to provide additional
information to users.
• Augmented reality apps are written in special 3D programs that enable developers to tie
animation or contextual digital information in the computer program to an augmented reality
marker in the real world.
• When a computing device's AR app or browser plugin receives digital information from a
known marker, it begins to execute the marker's code and layer the correct image or images.
• Unity is one of the market leaders currently responsible for providing end-to-end creation
platforms for augmented reality innovation.
APPLICATION OF AR
1.INTERIOR DESIGN &MODELING
>>>In recent days AR is widely used in visualizing the final product even while in the construction
>>> One can choose their favourite paint colour or select their desired furniture or wall hanging
even without buying it which perfectly suits their taste.
2.CLASSROOMS FOR EDUCATION
>>>With the advent of AR technology, Classroom Learning has become entertaining and
>>>With Rich learning environment, Students can stay anywhere across the globe and attend the
Solar system class or learn musical notes.
>>> In the modern world, shoppers can use their smartphones – Mobile
Application to check out various products, compare their prices.
>>>Just by scanning using the mobile app the details of the products and description
can be captured.
>>>In auto Sector user can customer the spare parts and colour without even
touching the object.
>>>You can virtually design a best car/ bike or modify the
accessories of your choice using the simple Gadget.
5.ELECTRIAL/MECHANICAL SERVICE SECTOR
>>> It helps the technician to quickly diagnose the fault and fix it
>>>Saves a lot of time in going through the user manual and
identifying the issue.
WHAT IS VR ?
• Virtual reality is a simulated 3D environment that enables users to explore and
interact with a virtual surrounding in a way that approximates reality, as it is
perceived through the users' senses.
• The environment is created with computer hardware and software, although users
might also need to wear devices such as helmets or goggles to interact with the
• The more deeply users can immerse themselves in a VR environment -- and block
out their physical surroundings -- the more they are able to suspend their belief
and accept it as real, even if it is fantastical in nature.
• Companies like Octulus, Samsung, Sony etc are leading companies in making og VR
gears and headsets.
APPLICATIONS OF VR
>>> The most important way VR is modernizing healthcare is through training.
>>> With VR, specialists who need to perform very precise operations can practice
without being in the midst of an emergency.
>>> VR is being introduced to cinemas and theme parks to simulate movie-like
adventures and let people experience their favorite cinematographic masterpieces.
3. SPACE & MILITRARY
>>> VR provides conditions for making things as close to reality as possible for training.
>>> VR enables trainees to go through preparation with minimal risks and even helps
soldiers suffering from battlefield trauma to overcome these conditions and prepare
for new or unexpected situations.
>>>Using VR, architects can not only envision what they’re building but
understand how it feels as well.
>>>This allows them to experience the space before it is built and make
real-time changes to deliver customer satisfaction.
>>>You can go on guided virtual tours of hotels, landmarks, restaurants, and
whatever else you may want to visit on your next vacation.
>>>And then when you do go, you know you won't be disappointed.
FUTURE OF AR & VR
• It seems like virtual reality enjoyed a status as the “next big thing” in
technology for nearly 25 years.
• Well, VR and augmented reality (AR) appear to finally be making inroads
throughout the tech world.
• Of course, the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) will
make our current technology look as primitive as the early
• Other Statista data reveals the breadth of the emerging market for AR and
• Google, Snap, Niantic, Nvidia, AppliedVR, and the rest of these AR
(Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) companies are changing the
way we use the technology—and paving the way for the metaverse.
• Most importantly, almost 70% of respondents believe AR/VR will become
mainstream within five years.